3dFoin models

Interlopers Portfolio section.

Portfolio rating

2.92 out of 5 (12 ratings)

You must be registered and logged in to rate a portfolio!

Re: 3dFoin models

Postby srredfire on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:32 am

Here's my input on this. First off this is portfolio thread, which you could debate he may or may not be using correctly, but regardless it is his thread of his work. There's nothing wrong with him trying to sell his work, isn't that what we all want to do, make money off of doing something we like to do? It's not like he's going around spamming in other threads and making advertisements. He made his own little thread, in a showcase fashion with updates, displaying his work, which happens to be for sale. That's not a crime, there's nothing wrong with it.

If someone on Interlopers made a game, regardless of content, you wouldn't criticize them for trying to sell their work, at least I hope not. It's fair game. It's not bothering anyone, not causing a hassle, and if you don't want to buy it, then don't. Keep in mind though, that despite any content you don't like, he still made it from scratch, and it's a creation, and you should respect that. Especially in an industry such as this where it's really hard to get going and support yourself with your own work, never mind even getting a job.

If you don't like what he's showing, fine, everyone has their opinions and it's not expected for people to disapprove of what someone is doing. This isn't the place to share your disgust, or political beliefs of what's being shown though. It's perfectly fine to give critiques that are respectful and helpful, but to go spouting off about sexism and feminism and saying things like "Pls go away" or "leave" or "WHY" or mocking gender equality does nothing except cause drama and is overall detrimental to the type of community we have to begin with.

We shouldn't be here to mock people's work or talk down to people, that's how people get a bad impression of the site and start to go to other places because we come off as elitist assholes with nothing better to do than say "omg wow that sux big boobs fuk u hav sum respect." It makes you look bad, it makes us look bad, and it's just negative in every way.

I apologize for anything anyone has every made that has offended you but if you're having a rough time accepting the content please go to Reddit or something and make a thread about how much you hate it, not here, and especially not in someone's personal thread with their personal work.

TL;DR: Everyone shut up about your opinions about the content. Give helpful feedback or don't give anything at all. No one gives a shit how you feel about feminism or gender equality or how much better your work is than someone else's. Have some fucking respect for each other's work or get out because you're worse than anything anyone could ever make.
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:00 am

srred you totally took that to the next level. You make it sound like the rules don't apply to him, or that the rules are different just specifically for him. And your examples aren't very strong. Shit like this wouldn't stand at polycount because members over there would be like "pls go away". In general I think most communities would react the same way we did.
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby 3dFoin on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:13 am

Thank you srredfire, you're a the man. :D After your post we have nothing much left to say. We think the world needs more guys like you :)

MrTwoVideoCards: This is Portfolios section so we thought we can post our works here and a lil advertisement below won't hurt, we're sorry it bothers you that much. We understand that you and some other members hate ads so we won't post here anymore, we hope you will forgive us for breaking rules :) we wish you all the best.
3dFoin

Postby Gambini on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:33 pm

Yeah Srredfire is awesome!! Fuck Gambini who´s the one that defended you in first place! :D
Gambini
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby stoopdapoop on Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:48 am

MrTwoVideoCards wrote:Shit like this wouldn't stand at polycount because members over there would be like "pls go away".

I think you and I visit a very different polycount.
http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95540
it's not just that thread. It's everywhere.

polycount is probably the biggest offender in this regard, even moreso than 2D communites like deviant-art and concept-art.org

One of the biggest differences between interlopers and other communities that I'm part of, is that on interlopers it's alright to shit all over someone who's offering up their work for critique. The kind of toxicity isn't really found in any other community in my experience. I love y'all dearly, and that's why I stick around, but it's really jarring the way you guys sometimes run the train on users that you find flaws with.

also, yeah! fuck that gambini guy! :D
stoopdapoop
Veteran
Veteran

Postby nub on Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:35 am

MrTwoVideoCards wrote:You're a dingus if you think it's super difficult not to enlarge a pair of breasts in a modeling program. You make it sound like the computer just naturally renders them that way or something.

Well, I mean...my computer does...

...Is that not normal?
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Gambini on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:25 am

stoopdapoop wrote:
MrTwoVideoCards wrote:Shit like this wouldn't stand at polycount because members over there would be like "pls go away".

I think you and I visit a very different polycount.
http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95540
it's not just that thread. It's everywhere.

polycount is probably the biggest offender in this regard, even moreso than 2D communites like deviant-art and concept-art.org

One of the biggest differences between interlopers and other communities that I'm part of, is that on interlopers it's alright to shit all over someone who's offering up their work for critique. The kind of toxicity isn't really found in any other community in my experience. I love y'all dearly, and that's why I stick around, but it's really jarring the way you guys sometimes run the train on users that you find flaws with.

2nd that, i was writting something but the pot is strong tonight and i think it´s just high´ nonsense.

Highlight to read:
Oh yes. That´s something that always made me enter this forum and lean against a column -unlike what i do in many other forums, which is jumping on the couch and take my shoes off-. There´s an uncomfortable feeling of passive-aggressive attitude. Unless you´re one of the guys, or a blessed one, your input will be either ignored or decapitated and mutilated. Most members are polite but the colective attitude is different.

also, yeah! fuck that gambini guy! :D
hey but didn´t you just made a point against offences?
Gambini
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby 3dFoin on Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:04 am

lol sorry Gambini, we really appreciate your posts also :)
3dFoin

Previous

Return to Portfolios