Modelling/animating tutorials

Got problems with your models? Struggling with textures? Get help with your custom assets.

Modelling/animating tutorials

Postby Chaffing_Weasel on Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:27 pm

Hello everybody. I need some help mainly with weapons modelling. You see, i've come to a point in my mod where i want my own weapons with animations to boot. I haven't properly used any 3d modelling packages but want to find this stuff out first so i can have a reference to look to in the future....
I'll state my probs in sections (easier to read).

1. when creating guns, what is a good poly count to aim for when modelling weaponry for hl2?

2. Are there any sites that anybody knows that i could learn how to animate my guns. How many animations needed (shoot, reload, pick up etc), that sort of stuff.

3. Finally, are there good coding sites that can help me change the amount of bullets per mag/assigning different functions/damage per bullet/gun sounds etc. The third would really help coz i can't find any in depth sort of work.

Appreciate any help!

:)
Do the most loving thing-Cannabis!

http://www.myspace.com/klompen_dog
Chaffing_Weasel
Regular
Regular

Postby Ale on Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:53 pm

As for the poly count not over 8000 i think thats a little over the limit isn't it
i cant remeber but something like that :wink:
Ale
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Farles on Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:04 am

I say 5000 with hands included, just delete the faces you cant see from the perspective.
Farles
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Athlete{UK} on Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:02 am

Farles wrote:I say 5000 with hands included, just delete the faces you cant see from the perspective.

5000 is the upper limit. Around there is absoloutly fine and will run perfectly But if you can without sacrificing too much cut it down as much as you can.
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Return to Custom Asset Help