Results

Comment on the news articles here.

Results

Postby [Steve] on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:43 pm

Competition Results

Firstly I would like to say again a huge huge huge thanks to everyone that entered, every entry was of fantastic quality and really made judging a very difficult but fun job to do.
A huge congratulations to the winners!.

Click here to reveal the winners.

The updated site actually isn't finished yet, each thumbnail entry at the bottom should link through to individual spotlight pages that will feature my thoughts and feedback on the levels (there's alot!). I have disabled these pages for now but they will return next week when I am back from my holiday.

If the winners (top3) would like to pm their choice of poster and their address then I will post their prizes asap.

Planet Phillip Map pack.

Phillip from planetphillip.com will be releasing a Forgotten Journey map pack via his site and also on Moddb.

This is a great chance for your maps to reach a wider audience and get additional feedback.
Your all encouraged to work on polishing and updating your maps for this map pack! fix those bugs!
There is currently a deadline of Monday 28th 12pm GMT. However we may be able to extend this!
[Steve]
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Re: Results

Postby shadowmancer471 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:52 pm

I agree entirely with the winners chosen.
Great competition, every map was a pleasure to play. Thanks guys
I want to get off Mr.Bones Wild Ride
shadowmancer471
Regular
Regular

Postby [Steve] on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:02 pm

Thanks Shadowmancer471.

Its also worth me mentioning that the individual entry pages will also feature download links for people to download from in the future.

Id also like to stress that 3rd 4th and 5th place was extremely hard to choose between, all three were outstanding, it was a very close call.
[Steve]
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby marnamai on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:50 pm

woooooo :D
marnamai
Veteran
Veteran

Postby srredfire on Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:40 am

Congratulations to the winners, and great job everyone on your entries!
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

Postby planetphillip on Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:58 am

Firstly, congratulations to the winners and entrants. It was a great competition theme.

I'd like to mention that people are welcome to send me maps that they didn't finish in time for the competition.

So, if you were building something but ran out of time, don't give up on it. Put the finishing touches to it and send it to me by the deadline and I will release it as part of the pack.

The same goes for the entrants. As Steve said, please feel free to update your maps in ANY way you desire. My pack is not a competition, so you can change whatever you want to.

Please contact me if you have any questions.
http://www.planetphillip.com
Finishing Half-Life is just the beginning!
Single Player First Person Shooter Maps and Mods for ALL Half-Life games
planetphillip
Regular
Regular

Postby jimonions on Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:28 am

I lost a lot of sleep thinking of all the things I did wrong and could've done better. Given the opportunity to go back in time to the beginning I would completely ditch the layout and carefully plan out each area. I focused too hard on trying to make atmosphere rather than gameplay. I realised my mistake towards the end and tried to makeup for it with some intense combat but I think it really frustrated a lot of players with just how hard it was.

I also didn't want to open up for public testing which severly threatened the amount of bug finding and data I could've used. I only tried a few select friends who were non involved.

I knew upon playing Marnami's that I needed much better execution in my map. It didn't flow right and felt more like jumping from place to place.

I don't think my map is quite ready for a good final release but seeing as it still was able to hold onto 2nd I think there may be some merit to its success and will be happy to fix it up as much as possible for a proper release.
jimonions
Regular
Regular

Postby sloprano on Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:50 am

A big congratulations to the winners, they all looked and played great.

While my map didn't reach anywhere near the other contestants in terms of quality in design and polish,this competition reminded me why I loved making maps to begin with. While my first mistake was thinking I could deliver something presentable starting so late in the competition, it was the first time I made a map with a time constraint. That was a real eye-opener for me in how much time is really needed to make a presentable map.

Thank you, planetphilip. While I think my map is far from ready to be publicly enjoyed, I will try to find time over the next weeks to improve it and hopefully make a definitive version of it.
sloprano

Postby Les_Grossman on Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Haha, I knew Marnamai will win :)
His entry was the most complete one. You could simply put it somwhere between HL2 levels and no one would have noticed it's not Valve's.

Btw, nice site.
Les_Grossman

Postby Gambini on Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:30 pm

Congratulations to Marnamai for winning and for all the participants for their commitment!
Gambini
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Spas12 on Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:59 am

Congrats guys.
Past Treyarch Level Designer

Portfolio
Spas12
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Smurftyours on Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:24 am

Can someone post the results? Website for the competition doesn't work on mobile for me. Thanks!
jangalomph wrote:Wise words from a wise man. ^
Smurftyours

Postby Major Banter on Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:56 pm

1st: Marnamai

2nd: Jimonions

3rd: Les_grossman

4th: spas12

5th: Sarwia

6th and 7th: I don't know, because the website is borked. Soulia and Sloprano in whatever order you like I guess.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Postby planetphillip on Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:51 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm just wondering who is interested in submitting updated or finished maps.

If nobody is interested, then I will just release the maps individually.

Please let me know, so I can decide what to do.

Thanks.
http://www.planetphillip.com
Finishing Half-Life is just the beginning!
Single Player First Person Shooter Maps and Mods for ALL Half-Life games
planetphillip
Regular
Regular

Postby jimonions on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:22 pm

I will try to do a few small changes and send it over. When's the deadline?
jimonions
Regular
Regular

Next

Return to Site News