RandomThread II

Chat about various topics.

Re: RandomThread II

Postby stoopdapoop on Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:33 pm

what an incredible bot. I'm not even mad.
I'm Brown
stoopdapoop
Veteran
Veteran

Postby vcool on Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:39 am

Chopium wrote:interlopers outlived facepunch lmao

---

im sure we all share fond memories and love for the people who made these communities so vibrant and welcome. we participated in a golden age of outsider gaming: burgeoning creativity, DIY fun, and deep investment in the possibilities of interactive art. our energy lingers, diffused into an internet miasma, but these spaces are left as relics.

i don't mod games, i don't like valve, and i don't lose sleep over the next half life game. - but i'm still an interloper. this community left a mark on me. it's something i'll carry forever :[]: love you guys.

love it Colter

:[]:

Neighborhood Forum Elitist
vcool
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Knights on Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:17 am

I miss this forum! Where's Half Life 3??? Oh it's a VR game :(
Random gallery... Knights_Stuff.
Home page --> http://www.knights.interlopers.net/
Knights
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby MaK on Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:53 pm

Happy 2020 everybody.
MaK

Postby YokaI on Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:36 pm

MaK wrote:Happy 2020 everybody.

Happy 2020 Mak. To think this site is still up and running.

Why don't we make an Interlopers discord? I'm hanging out on Mapcore and some others now but it would be cool to keep in touch with more folks from here.
YokaI
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Athlete{UK} on Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:44 pm

Wow people still post here. That's cool. Hope everyone is well and happy wherever you are.
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Postby zombie@computer on Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:38 pm

Athlete{UK} wrote:Hope everyone is [...] happy wherever you are.
We have little choice at the moment :D
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Athlete{UK} on Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:11 am

zombie@computer wrote:
Athlete{UK} wrote:Hope everyone is [...] happy wherever you are.
We have little choice at the moment :D

Very true, also hello Zombie, long time now see :D
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Add-9 on Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:42 am

The fact that this place still exists is probably the best news I've seen all year.
Habboi wrote:I want to be sigged :(
Add-9

Postby srredfire on Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:52 pm

Don't worry guys when the Alyx SDK comes out we'll get at least one new post!
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

Postby zombie@computer on Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:19 pm

srredfire wrote:Don't worry guys when the Alyx SDK comes out we'll get at least one new post!

Anyone played the alyx game? I watched a playthrough on youtube, I'm not going for VR in the near future. Not because I'm cheap, but because Im not going to spend nearly 1k on something I will probably get sick of (literally) within the hour or so :) Might buy it if someone is able to create a proper non-vr mod (including changes to gameplay of course, the VR game is way to easy in normal mode).
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby [frank] on Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:31 pm

zombie@computer wrote:
srredfire wrote:Don't worry guys when the Alyx SDK comes out we'll get at least one new post!

Anyone played the alyx game? I watched a playthrough on youtube, I'm not going for VR in the near future. Not because I'm cheap, but because Im not going to spend nearly 1k on something I will probably get sick of (literally) within the hour or so :) Might buy it if someone is able to create a proper non-vr mod (including changes to gameplay of course, the VR game is way to easy in normal mode).

I've played through the first few hours. I'm definitely on the cheap side so it wasn't my own setup but a friend's that I tested it on. Admittedly, older VR hardware (first gen Vive) but it still got the job done.

It's a neat game.

That's probably my feelings about it summed up to be honest. Other than one moment of motion sickness inducing activities (I had the manually climb ladders setting on and that sent me spinning), it's really polished, feels like a quality valve production, and, assuming I played further, probably added to the half-life universe storyline well. I don't think I could justify spending the 1k on a good VR headset, and another 1k upgrading my desktop to more modern specs to play it for myself though.
[frank]
Regular
Regular

Postby srredfire on Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:35 am

zombie@computer wrote:

A couple of lopers and myself sold our CSGO inventories on the Steam marketplace which for most of us paid for most, and in some cases all of the Index package. I myself had a Vive previously and so that combined with my inventory (which was just sitting unused) allowed me to get the whole Index for free.

With that said, I thought Alyx was pretty great. There's a lot of things I think people take for granted when it comes to VR, especially with quality titles like Alyx. The level of interactivity is unparalleled to anything else, and graphically it's quite impressive. Easily the best looking VR game to date.

The Index really is the first VR setup where I really think it's getting somewhere. The lenses and screen are pretty damn clear and the finger tracking on the controllers adds a lot of feeling of actual control and immersion. That being said, I don't know if I would realistically drop a grand on the whole setup, I just happened to be lucky to be able to afford it by other means. I've not tried something on the lower end like the Samsung Odyssey VR, which is supported by Alyx and Steam as well. So there isn't a huge, huge gatekeeping in terms of money when it comes to playing VR games, but you get what you pay for. Alyx was made for the Index in mind, and while other headsets work with it, it's clear that the Index will give you the best experience.

All in all I'd recommend it as beyond Alyx there's starting to become a fair amount of REAL quality titles for VR, and not just "experiences". While I get peoples hesitation with VR, and while I prefer flat-screen gaming still, I think VR is now in a place where it's not just a gimmick and it's legitimately enjoyable.

If you wanna come over and play Alyx on my rig then feel free. You buy the plane ticket, I'll buy the pizza.
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Smurftyours on Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:51 am

srredfire wrote:You buy the plane ticket, I'll buy the pizza.

Pepperoni shots? :P
jangalomph wrote:Wise words from a wise man. ^
Smurftyours

Postby srredfire on Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:45 am

Smurftyours wrote:
srredfire wrote:You buy the plane ticket, I'll buy the pizza.

Pepperoni shots? :P

I don't know who you are or what you're talking about but rest assured I had informed the proper authorities about your behavior.
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion