Milkshape 3d

Got problems with your models? Struggling with textures? Get help with your custom assets.

Milkshape 3d

Postby shaun_amos on Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:43 pm

how do i select faces in the 3d view using milkshape?
shaun_amos
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Farles on Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:15 am

you cannot select anything from the 3d viewport in milkshape.
Farles
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby HybridFlash on Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:37 am

I suggest you dump 3D Milkshape if you are using it for Source modeling, it's like trying to run Half Life 2 on an Amiga home system.
HybridFlash
Regular
Regular

Postby shaun_amos on Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:39 am

i didnt get that demeaning reference but, lol good chum.

and btw you can select vertices in milkshape by hold alt while you click on them.

and all i was tryin to do in milkshape was make a book, so i think its able for that, dont worry i gave.
shaun_amos
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby slayera on Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:00 am

Don't listen to hybrid, he doesn't know what hell he is talking about. Milkshape may not be the powerhouse of Maya or XSI, but it does the same for what you need a HL2 model to do.

Also if you have to watch the select backface checkbox, it will make a difference what is selected. Sometimes you have to rotate the model to select some faces, mostly like stuff on the bottom of the model. Another method is to select what you don't want and the invert the selection.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -Robert Pirsig
slayera
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Athlete{UK} on Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:53 am

HybridFlash wrote:I suggest you dump 3D Milkshape if you are using it for Source modeling, it's like trying to run Half Life 2 on an Amiga home system.

Actually if you are source modelling i'd keep Milkshape handy at all times. Very useful little tool. it's true it isn't the most powerful thing ever but it does what it does quite well. Very good export/import features.
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Return to Custom Asset Help