Whats your overall favorite music genre?

Films, albums, random internet videos.

Whats your overall favorite music genre?

Rock
33%
Metal
27%
Thrash
3%
Emo ;(
1%
House
3%
Trance
9%
Breaks
4%
Pop
1%
R+B
No votes
Rap
4%
Hip Hop
5%
Punk
5%
Trip-hop (that's just for me-Athlete)
4%

Total votes : 75

Postby DarkMortar on Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:19 am

OH COMMON WHERES THE CLASSICAL?!?!
DarkMortar wrote:If you copied and pasted this in notepad, you may be a nerd. If you just highlighted this, you may be intelligent. If you read this like it is, you may become blind.
DarkMortar

Postby Athlete{UK} on Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:46 am

The_Watcher wrote:Rock owns all, ROCK FTW! :twisted:

I like classic rock such as Aerosmith, The Beatles, etc., but newer bands like Nickleback, Velvet Revolver, etc. also kick ass. :smt035

I'm good with any kind of rock, as long as it's good. Only a select few songs are so damn good they leave me in tears, and thats because they're THAT good. :wink:

Examples of these beautiful masterpieces would be:
Nickelback - Far Away
Aerosmith - Fly Away From Here
Velvet Revolver - Loving the Alien (which I heard first time 2day, and loved it)

Aerosmith...classic rock? My arse! :P
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Postby The Watcher on Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:17 pm

Ok, I don't understand what you mean Athlete. Aerosmith IS classic rock, they have been around for 30+ years. I believe when they use the word classic in classic rock it means its old stuff. Old, but really good :P .

Old and new Aerosmith music <-- both are awesome. Have you heard the new Santana song with Steven Tyler (lead singer of Aerosmith) doing the vocals?
The one and only anti-Interloper

This forum is an evil negativity-brewing hellhole, like all internet communities, and should be shut down...
The Watcher
Banned

Postby RSX WHEEEEEE on Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:12 pm

no, hes saying aerosmith's muzak and steven tyler can burn in hell and be pissed on by satan himself.
RSX WHEEEEEE
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Athlete{UK} on Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:12 am

Wouldn't go that far RSX. Classic doesn't mean old imo. To me it means stuff that is amazing even now and is old. It is my humble opinion that Aerosmith are a decent band which has aged and are horribly overrated.

But that's just me.

I'd say Pink Floyd and AC DC are classical. But useually i think back a little further when i say classical and say the beatles, the ruttles (i know they were a joke but their music had a catch to it).
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Terminator on Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:16 pm

DarkMortar wrote:OH COMMON WHERES THE CLASSICAL?!?!

Same here.

Where is Beethoven, Rachmaninov, Wagner, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, or Chopin? :!:
Terminator
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby zombie@computer on Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:41 pm

i pretty much listen to everything apart from mainstream shit (RnB, hiphop)
From classical music to movie music (ennio moricone (once upon a time in the west), howard shore (lotr) and james horner (bravehearth) are the best afaik), to rock (from queen to rage against the machine), all kinds of metal mostly including system of a down, prodigy (is this actually metal or techno or what), cradle of filth, biohazard, got me a few rotterdan terror corps and more techno, and last but not least all kinds of scandinavian bands which try to set the world record for the most drumbeats in a song (dimmu borgir, children of bodom).

I also like a lot of music i am not able to fit in a genre, like floggin molly, dropkick murphys, rammstein, lost prophets, (rock or metal?), enya, fatboy slim, red hot chili peppers (mostly their older songs), and a fair but of loose albums ranging from static-x, rob-zombie, pink-floyd, vangelis, the eagles, andrea bocceli, nickelback, in flames, metallica (nothing else matters is the best song ever), even linkin park, oasis, nirvana and lots of dutch bands and singers/game music (mostly warcraft and age of wonders)

in fact, theres hardly any music i dont like ( got lots i rarely listen) but these aforementioned ones are the ones in my current playlist.
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Meotwister on Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:16 am

I listen to a lot of rock. New stuff liek The Starting Line(comin to Memphis wewt), Fall Out Boy, The Audition, The Academy Is. . . , The Killers, but I do listen to older rock as well, Blink 182, Green Day, Jimmy Eat World, Foo Fighters, Queen.
iTunes classifies all this as 'Alternative & Punk' So I'll go with that. 'Cept for queen & sting just plain rock there.

I'm not just limited to rock though . . . whom am I kidding yes I am.

I'm coo with classical though. :-D
Check out my continually progressing portfolio!
http://meotwister.com - Finally up! I also blog there, too!

www.NoMoreRoomInHell.com
Meotwister
Resolute Games

Postby YokaI on Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:02 am

BaRRaKID wrote:where is reggae? :O

Agreed... And where is dub?

Hyp-R wrote: While even more simpler at times, punk can be a favorite.

Thats a bit of a stereotype. Punk isnt always "easy" to play really, there are a few punk bands who have easy songs but bands like rancid have some really tough bass lines. However, I can see where you stand with your point, looking at some bands. However, not all punk bands have "easy songs"

I really dont mind myself, Easy doesnt always mean bad.
YokaI
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby KeZeF on Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:15 am

I pick rap and rock. But I like listening to everything. My band has an alternative sound. And I like listening to Linkn Park, System of the down and stuff when mapping and programming. But mostly I like to listen to some free style rap battles. Or just rap.
KeZeF
Regular
Regular

Postby Chaffing_Weasel on Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:29 pm

Bleeding Through, From Autumn to Ashes, A Bitter Farewell, Senses Fail, Still Remains, The Used, My Chemical Romance, Comeback Kid, Trivium, Bullet, Dead Poetic, Old Man Gloom, Avenged Sevenfold, God Forbid, Alexisonfire, Everytime I die, Through the eyes of the dead, Coheed and Cambria, Emanual, The Killers, Coldplay, Muse, A beautiful epiphany, Eighteen Visions, 36 Crazyfists, Anemic, As I Lay Dying, A perfect circle, Atreyu, Brand New, The Bled, Beecher, Caliban, Converge, Comeback kid, Deftones, From First To Last, Fall Out Boy, Chasing Victory, The Verve, Radiohead, System of a Down, Incubus, Lost Prophets, Funeral For A Friend, The Used, Unearth.

Mainly metal/Hardcore/death/rock/post hardcore/noisecore but I also strangely love TRANCE!! Trance is great!
Do the most loving thing-Cannabis!

http://www.myspace.com/klompen_dog
Chaffing_Weasel
Regular
Regular

Postby YokaI on Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:51 am

Meotwister wrote:iTunes classifies all this as 'Alternative & Punk' So I'll go with that. 'Cept for queen & sting just plain rock there.

Not punk, alternative & emo. (fall out boy and emanuel (or w/e) is technicaly emo.)
YokaI
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Capt. Obvious on Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:18 am

Well i listen to punk/metal/rock/classical/lots of other stuff. I don't consider emo a style, it's either punk, metal or rock. emo is just the image...
Capt. Obvious

Postby undertone on Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:25 am

rock, basicly includes anything with a guitar and drums. and when i say drums i mean an actual instrument, not a drum machine.
undertone
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby YokaI on Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:48 am

Capt. Obvious wrote: emo is just the image...

Emo is pop punk. its as simple as that.
YokaI
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

PreviousNext

Return to Media