The strokes<//> new album

Films, albums, random internet videos.

The strokes<//> new album

Postby seppe on Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:30 pm

their new album is out for a while, it think it's awsome exept of 15 minutes and ask me anything. But overall the album rocks, with songs like ize of the world, juicebox, vision devision and heart in a cage.
seppe
Regular
Regular

Postby theangriestbadger on Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:30 am

Agreed man, this album is awesome! :smt020

I've really liked all the Strokes albums so I should know by now that it takes a bit of repeated listening before a Strokes album reaps its rewards. I was worried for a while but I'm there now and totally rocking out :wink:

I don't mind 15 minutes OR ask me anything. They sounded weird as hell at first but now, now I like. I really like Fear of Sleep at the moment, when it kicks in on the last 2 minutes, love it. YOUR NO FUN, YOUR NO FUUUUUN! Listening to that song right now 8)
theangriestbadger
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby mana20 on Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:04 am

Ill agree with that too, I never was too hot about the strokes, I passed them off as another "garage inde" type band and when i heard Juicebox I really started to like them, I revisited there first album and really like them now. something to listen too till the killers put out another cd if It ever happens.
mana20
Regular
Regular

Postby p1nkfl0yd1an on Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:55 am

not a fan.
All in all you're just another brick in the wall
p1nkfl0yd1an
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby YokaI on Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:14 am

Hope they have fun making millions in "I play music for money" land.
YokaI
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby p1nkfl0yd1an on Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:22 am

agreed
All in all you're just another brick in the wall
p1nkfl0yd1an
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby theangriestbadger on Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:50 pm

Ahh greetings music snobs :smt039

Just because they have some mainstream sucess, doesn't mean they are devoid any quality whatsoever. I am sure you think the all these popular new rock/indie bands are just shallow pop wannabes and for the vast majority, I would agree with ya.

But the Strokes are clearly a cut above and from what I see certainly don't milk their cash cow to the extent of most bands of this vein. To dump them in the same category as the Killers et al with a sweeping generalisation is to sell the Strokes very short tbh, makes me sad that it happens. :(

If it sounds good, then its good baby. Thats how I judge music and if you do it any other way then you just got it wrong. :P
theangriestbadger
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby mana20 on Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:51 am

When I was talking about the killers I wasnt putting them down, I enjoy there music. I enjoy tons of music. I mainly listen to a lot of very progressive European Metal and such, But I enjoy good music when I hear it, which seems to be far less in america.
mana20
Regular
Regular

Postby theangriestbadger on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:41 am

I wasn't quoting you mana, was just a coincidence that we both mentioned the Killers, thats all. :)
theangriestbadger
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Return to Media