Not to be a douche

Films, albums, random internet videos.

Not to be a douche

Postby p1nkfl0yd1an on Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:57 pm

Not to be a douche but my buddy's bands need help getting into a Battle of The Bands contest here in lawrence kansas.

http://www.lawrence.com/polls/2006/feb/deadwoodderby_ballot2006/results/ You should go there and vote for the bands emperor stan and groovelight. dont vote for adams eve or marry me moses. Andrew Algren is the bassist for E.S. and Groovelight

The two bands you should be sure to vote for are Groovelight and Emperor Stan. Right now two bands are ahead of them. "Marry me Moses" and "Adam's Eve" are the two bands. If you want to help out you vote for any 5 bands but you should include Groovelight and E.S. and not vote for Marry me Moses. I know this is kind of lame but it's for a friend and i think you can download or at least listen to their music to decide on whether or not they're worth the effort of voting at http://www.groovelight.com and http://www.myspace.com/emperorstan Thanks for the help if you decide to vote. If they ever get popular I'll be sure to get you free tickets =P
Last edited by p1nkfl0yd1an on Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All in all you're just another brick in the wall
p1nkfl0yd1an
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Ale on Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:03 pm

Done :wink:
Ale
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby p1nkfl0yd1an on Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:30 pm

thanks a lot. they really appreciate the help. you can vote once a day so if you're bored tomorrow you can go back and do it again... too bad clearing your cookies doesn't let you vote again =D
p1nkfl0yd1an
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Ale on Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:42 pm

if i remember it :) and with the cookies part, i can get little handy program that can do it :twisted:
Ale
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Jest@ on Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:53 pm

voted.

Checked out the music - Groovelight's awesome...like, really awesome! Reminds me of Soulive, and Breakestra a bit. Emperor Stan, i wast too keen on..but the mp3s were crappy so it might have been that. Reminds me of Yes a bit, but not in a good way lol
Highlight to read:
It was earth all along
Jest@
Veteran
Veteran

Postby p1nkfl0yd1an on Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:29 am

Hah yeah, unfortunately Emperor Stan hasn't been able to get any studio time in yet.. so the only recordings they have are what they could grab at random live appearances. Also they don't expect you to like them because they're overwhelming prog snobs. They listen to yes religiously and think it's boring to play in 4/4 so they never do it. Also they really need to get a decent singer.

At Groovelight shows when they do their rendition of amazing grace the big black dude showers you with bottled water and inducts you into the church of groovelight.

Thanks for your vote, it helps keep bands with no guitar solos out of the running, with every vote for emperor stan and groovelight you're crushing the soul of another emo kid :D
p1nkfl0yd1an
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby compy905 on Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:27 pm

p1nkfl0yd1an wrote: with every vote for emperor stan and groovelight you're crushing the soul of another emo kid :D

That made my day, lol and sold me on voting for your friends.
Their first album was better.
compy905
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby -[Getty]- on Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:50 pm

Mario brothers! Sweet!

http://www.myspace.com/groovelight
source-maps wrote:a Quad Core CPU , arent that like 4 cpus?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Club No Release
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-[Getty]-
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby p1nkfl0yd1an on Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:32 am

The killer metal break between mario brothers and amazing grace is the shti.
p1nkfl0yd1an
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby p1nkfl0yd1an on Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:15 am

Allright, here's my problem I was planning on just spending tonight deleting my cookies and revoting dozens of times but apparently you can't do that .

http://www.lawrence.com/polls/2006/feb/ ... allot2006/ is where you go to vote and i was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get around the fact that it doesnt let you vote from the same IP address more than once a day. I'm not asking for anyone to vote for the band this time around, but i just want to know how to trick their voting system. If this is highly illegal or immoral feel free to slap me around and delete the post but I am wondering if it's possible to fight the system that's promoting Emo Music. Also i'm opposed to driving around looking for wireless networks to vote from... people in this town all have protected networks... the asses.
p1nkfl0yd1an
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby compy905 on Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:40 pm

p1nkfl0yd1an wrote:but I am wondering if it's possible to fight the system that's promoting Emo Music.

Its quite easy actually. Just give them some razorblades, they will take care of the rest.
Their first album was better.
compy905
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby p1nkfl0yd1an on Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:52 am

While i can't speak for the actual members of the band... I'm sure that they're all very thankful for any votes that came from you guys. I would definitely like to say thank you if you checked out Emperor Stan and felt they were sufficiently awesome enough to vote for them.

Oh yeah... they won!!!
p1nkfl0yd1an
Pheropod
Pheropod

Return to Media