Name: Adam Griffiths
Alias’: ‘cantkillshit’ ‘CKS’
Passion: Game Design, Level Design/Integration..
Available for work: Yes! (more freelance work or employment)
Available for Mods: Yes!
Little about Me: I've been a freelance game/level designer since graduating from University in 2007. I've had the pleasure of being part of an award-winning HL2 Mod Dear Esther, and have designed and developed a number of other environments over the past few years. I love nothing more in life (apart from my family) than making great game worlds and experiences for people to enjoy; I love it with a passion!
Industry & Personal Experience:
Merlin and the Curse of Camelot – (3rd Party Engine, Match 3 Game for PC) – Game Designer, Project Leader, Level Designer, Managerial.
• Dark Rock Games’ 2nd Title – Due for Release 2010: Match 3, Mythical Adventure Game
• Design documentation, storyline development, project planning, project lead and overall management. Asset designs/requirements, level design & integration, gameplay, functionality, interaction, GUI, sound, QA and problem solving.
Korsakovia – (HL2: Source Mod for PC, 4 Month Project) – Co-Dev work for University of Portsmouth Research Project –Level Design/Integration. Korsakovia
• Released – September 20th 2009: FPS, story-driven, research-based, custom, single-player
• Game/level design & integration, scripting and further build work
Cosmic Sunder: Elements – (Torque Game Builder, Game for PC & Mac, 4 month project) – Game Designer, Project Leader, Level Designer, Marketing, Advertising, Managerial. Cosmic Sunder: Elements
• Dark Rock Games’ 1st Title - Released August 2008: Retro, breakout-style casual game, single-player
• Design documentation, project planning, project lead and overall company management. Asset requirements, level design, gameplay, functionality, interaction, GUI, sound, QA, problem solving, timescales, branding, team management, advertising and more...
Dear Esther – (HL2: Source Mod for PC, 3 month project) – Co-Dev work for University of Portsmouth Research Project. Dear Esther
• Released June 2008: First-Person (non-violent), story-driven, Research-based, custom, single-player
• Game/level design & integration, scripting and further build work.
• Awarded ‘Best World/Story 2009’ (IndieCade). Exhibited at E3 (Los Angeles) 2009. Selected for Ars Electronica 2008. ‘Top 100’ Mod of the Year Awards (Mod Database) 2008. Honorary Mention (Machinima Awards) 2008.
Antlion Soccer – (HL2: Source Mod for PC, 1 month project) – Co-Dev work for University of Portsmouth Research Project. Ant-Lion Soccer
• Released September 2008: FPS/football, research-based, custom, multi-player
• Level design & Integration, Scripting and further build work
Conscientious Objector – (IDTech 4: Doom3 Mod for PC, 2 month project) – Collaboration work for University of Portsmouth Research Project. Conscientious Objector
• Released June 2008: FPS, research-based, custom, single-player
• Level design & integration, scripting and further build work
Dark Rock Games – Founder/Senior Partner – 2007 – Present. Dark Rock Games
• Business planning & company establishment (Business plan research, completion and submission)
• Lead game designer, lead level designer/integrator, game design documentation, project leader, problem solver & overall project direction, IP creation, public relations & company advertising
Rate this portfolio
You must be registered and logged in to rate a portfolio!
3.00 out of 5 (3 ratings)