Today I like:

Chat about various topics.

Re: Today I like:

Postby Mao on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:25 pm

Today I like having finally released something and seeing it reach 3000 subscribers :3
Mao

Postby LordDz on Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:27 pm

Mao wrote:Being able to remind people to READ THE FUCKING BOOKS FIRST. Bitching about spoilers from a book made into TV released in 2001 makes zero sense.

So you'd be totally ok if I spoiled every movie and TV serie that were ever based on a book? :)
LordDz
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Mao on Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:42 pm

Sure thing.
Mao

Postby MayheM on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:41 pm

This morning was my first day back from a week long vacation. Over said vacation I went back home to visit family and friends as well as set things up for a move. I am happy to say, I gave my notice today and will be moving back east by the end of the month. I feel like a weight has been lifted!
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jangalomph on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:43 pm

Are you going to be with that woman mayhem? :D
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby no00dylan on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:32 pm

MayheM wrote:This morning was my first day back from a week long vacation. Over said vacation I went back home to visit family and friends as well as set things up for a move. I am happy to say, I gave my notice today and will be moving back east by the end of the month. I feel like a weight has been lifted!

Back to good ole' Carolina?
no00dylan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MayheM on Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:28 pm

jangalomph wrote:Are you going to be with that woman mayhem? :D

Not really sure at this point. I have wanted to move back for a long time, so while the decision to move happens to coincide with meeting her, she was not the deciding factor. We will see, but I would not be opposed to it.
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jangalomph on Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:07 am

Go for her anyway! And today I like my moms 2013 camaro i got to drive. It was quite the experience.
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Epifire on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:12 am

Getting past North Prison Block in Amnesia. Just started playing the game and after roughly eight encounters and near deaths with the gatherers, I made it out. Tense stuff but I blocked a door up just in case anything decides it wants to follow and destroy machinery I recently fixed...

Can barely see it because it's so dark but I piled a ton of boxes just to block the way. Things will get really bad if it's required for me to race back through that door though.
Epifire

Postby Jangalomph on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:17 am

Offtopic: Amnesia scared me absolutely shitless. I played up until the "water part" and couldn't bear it any more. Mind you it was like from 1am to 3am, with good head phones. I immersed myself far too much.
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Epifire on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:24 am

Don't feel bad Jang, me and a friend made a night of helping each other out, being sort of a shoulder to scream on but having the moral support makes a world of a difference. That's just about the only way I have progressed.

I cheated a little looking a tad bit up in some steam guides but they were only as helpful to tell me how many levels there were and roughly how many encounters there are in them. Even that gets sketchy though. Just something to get me through it a little easier helps but I love the story and the game play design.

As far as immersion goes I think way too many developers don't realize just how good it is to put all the interaction in the player's hands. The whole dragging doors open, manually searching desks by looking in them. Yeah just a too many devs overlook that kind of thing.
Epifire

Postby Dives on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:46 am

You should play the Penumbra series. They're pretty fantastic horror games by the same developer.
Dives
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Epifire on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:00 am

Was thinking about it. I love how the engine, "HPL" stands for a horror author's name H.P.Lovecraft. Every game by them has ran on it and it goes to show horror games is it's specialty.
Epifire

Postby Stormy on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:23 am

Penumbra scared the absolute balls out of me but I couldn't get into amnesia. The insanity effects were far too rapid. It's like you walk into a dark room and the character fucking loses his mind and goes batshit asylum insane in two seconds, curling up in a ball and gibbering like a lobotomy patient. It really made me angry because all it did was make it hard to play and made me waste my insanity stoppers way faster than I could ever possibly find them.
Stormy
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Major Banter on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:20 pm

Black_Stormy wrote:It really made me angry because all it did was make it hard to play and made me waste my insanity stoppers way faster than I could ever possibly find them.

I learned fairly rapidly that the best trick was to simply let the insanity meter hit max in some quiet corner, get knocked out and you're restored to an arbitrary figure of 75% sane or whatever. Most people never try to see what happens, huehuehue.

Stick with it, the very best bits are when you meet a certain someone.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion