What are your hobbies/interests besides modding?

Chat about various topics.

Re: What are your hobbies/interests besides modding?

Postby Jangalomph on Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:47 am

Didn't even think about it being a bot :|
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Gary on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:15 am

We should report Stoop.

Wouldn't it be funny if a mod deleted Stoop and all his posts because of it?
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Stormy on Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:16 pm

I do parkour on my time off, I work at a mine on 2 weeks on 1 week off so I don't get a chance to do anything very regularly, mostly try to work on my house so I can rent it out in a few years and start my real estate empire.
Stormy
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Jangalomph on Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:18 am

I learned my lesson doing parkour :|
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Gambini on Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:31 am

lol can´t think of how
Gambini
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Jangalomph on Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:32 am

Multiple face plants.
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby ThePain on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:16 pm

Playing FPS games competitively. Been doing it since 2003. I also make tutorial videos to try and help get other people into competitive play, or just quickly show new players some of the more advanced stuff they'll need to know.

I've been on sponsored teams before, competed at massive lans, trained with some of the best US and Euro teams, won video cards and cash prizes, and just recently I was offered to be a Youtube partner for my videos :D (made 12 cents so far....)
It's quite simple really. I want to be a professional level designer. I want this to be my job.
ThePain
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby marks on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:29 pm

What do you play? I played cs1.6 at WCG and WSVG back in the day
marks
Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly

Postby ThePain on Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:00 pm

Currently Black Ops, and probably Modern Warfare 3 when it comes out at least until CS:GO is out (almost everyone in the competitive community is sitting on their hands till CS:Go comes out, hoping it doesn't suck)

Competitively I've played from CS 1.3-1.6, Call of Duty 1 and 2, Unreal Tournament 2k4, Quake 3, I skipped MW1 and 2, but played some of World At War (that was a mistake) and Black Ops. I played Counter Strike source for about a year, felt that was probably the worst game Valve has ever made. (Which is why I hope CS Go will be good. If it's source with a Face Lift I'll be disappointed. if it's 1.6 with great graphics and some new features / weapons I'll be ecstatic)

LAN Wise I've been to ECL, MAGFest, um... a couple of other small ones that didn't go very far. I've always wanted to go to Quake Con but could never afford the trip, and with the death of CAL and CPL there really haven't been any other good FPS lans. Hopefully MLG will stop with the console only garbage for FPSes and will let PCs compete for MW3 / CSGO. It's unfortunate really. When all the massive lans were popular I was in high-school and couldn't afford to go. Now that I can actually afford to travel it's all sort of dried up. Here's to CS:GO becoming as popular as Starcraft 2!

I've also lightly competed at Halo 1 and 2, and I used to go around the state competing in Goldeneye.

I'm 24, and I've been playing FPS games since 1993 or 94 starting with Wolfenstein 3D.

Um... videos
Here's an old one from when I was in high-school. (I was young, leave me alone :( )

here's a more recent one of Black Ops

And here's one of my instructional videos. I hate the sound of my own voice, but everyone keeps telling me I have a great caster voice so I honestly don't know what to think.
It's quite simple really. I want to be a professional level designer. I want this to be my job.
ThePain
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Stormy on Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:35 am

What's the rate for youtube partners?
Stormy
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Dives on Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:20 pm

For a beginner, $2.50 or less per 1000 views.
Dives
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Ennui on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:03 am

Besides modding my primary hobbies are web design and community management. A few of you might remember that way back in the day I used to write news for Interlopers. I've also been working at Halflife2.net since 2005. I started a successful Battlefield 3 community / news site called Battlefieldo with a friend earlier this year and we have done extremely well with it. We have 3500 twitter followers, a partnered Youtube channel, and enough traffic to overload our quadcore dedicated webserver on a regular basis. I also run CounterStrikeGO.com which I'm a bit behind on maintaining at the moment.

Other than that all I have time for are gaming (favorites are all Valve games, especially CS and DOD, plus stuff like Starcraft 2, Minecraft, Civilization IV, and other shooters and strategy titles) and hanging out with friends.
Ennui
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Previous

Return to General Discussion