My amazing city lies in ruins..

Chat about various topics.

Re: My amazing city lies in ruins..

Postby Ashfall_2008 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:54 pm

Or.. perhaps the lazy fuckers in my country should accept the fact that the state and the hard working companies of the UK dont owe them anything and they should get off their butts and take the low wage shit jobs insteqd of claiming the social welfare benefits.

My first job paid me 6000 pounds per year. It was shit..but I still went.

I'd rather hire a Polish guy who turns up on time and works well than a moany, whiney, lazy British teenager.
Ashfall_2008
Regular
Regular

Postby MayheM on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:59 pm

Ashfall... that is what I am talking about. People all over feel entitled to a job and whatnot. If you give people everything there is no intensive to work hard. I worked for a long time and was well below the poverty level but I never took benefits. I cut out the things I did not need and made do with what I had. It bothers me that there are people here that collect benefits from the government but actually have nicer cars than I do, bigger TV's than I do, etc... I work for what I have, while they don't. It drives a divide between people.

Anyway, I ahve not had a chance to check the news about the riots yesterday and today. Have they calmed down at all?
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Dionysos on Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:33 pm

It bothers me that people think it's still necessary, in this day and age and with our technological advantages and knowledge, to have people who work "shit jobs" that no one wants for so little pay that they live below the poverty level.
The Venus Project wrote:The most valuable, untapped resource today is human ingenuity.
Dionysos

Postby Ashfall_2008 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:56 pm

Yes.. it all stopped on tuesday when they deployed 16000 cops on the streets of london. There were problems in Manchester and Birmingham but all ended there on Wednesday.

Now the clueless politicians are trying to work out what caused it.

The prime minister toured the riot aftermath areas in a fucking suit.. they havent got a clue how to connect with people out there.

Especially a teenager from a shitty part of town.

Its so sad to see them fumble around in the dark like scared children.
Ashfall_2008
Regular
Regular

Postby RefaelBA on Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:27 am

I read through the thread, I was so sorry to hear about all that's happened. I know it's a little late, sorry for that. I'm glad everybody's alright, especially blink who right at the eye of the storm.

wood250 wrote:Working in a School environment has opened my eyes to the youth of today.

This I would deem a terrible situation, all over the western world. I don't know if this is how the older generation saw us when we were in high-school... But the way I see the teenagers today, sometimes I want to deny it. I don't live in the UK but I have seen this problem most everywhere I go.

Today's youth just grew up to be spoiled, self-centered and bad mannered. Values, sensitivity, legacy and the rest of what makes a generation, are simply being tossed away for a few more moments on facebook. Even in "normal" families I see it's not unusual for a teen to yell madly at their parents not to nudge them while on facebook, or to pick them up instantly because the bus is running late.

The parents' love for their kids should not mean the kids are boss. What hell? Where's the respect, dignity, and knowing your place? All I know is that if I had kids, and they were like this, I would have considered myself a failed parent and a terrible educator.
RefaelBA

Postby zombie@computer on Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:01 pm

So, London, what is up these days? Things calmed down?
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Previous

Return to General Discussion