SDK Broken - Fails to start

Game discussion and other related chat.

SDK Broken - Fails to start

Postby thebeanie on Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:04 pm

Not sure if this is the correct board, but please move it if it's not.

Source SDK fails to start. I can hit the Launch button, and the small loading window comes up (you know, Preparing To Launch Source SDK), but then nothing happens. Not a speck of activity. Task manager confirms that SDKLauncher.exe isn't running. I really don't know what's causing this.
For the record, I am on 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium. I've heard that SDK has trouble on 64-bit systems, so I think that might be it. This only affects Source SDK, I can still run Left 4 Dead Authoring Tools just fine.

Can anyone help?
thebeanie
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Re: SDK Broken - Fails to start

Postby LFM on Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:21 pm

Have you recently updated the SDK or changed any firewall settings? Sometimes if you change your computer's protection settings some programs can go a bit awry.
LFM
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby BubbleQ on Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:19 pm

Or just look if there is some small sdk update lurking around and wont finish it self, kinda happen for me with alien swarm ;)
---------------------------------
I am a happy mapper!
Archlinux
BubbleQ
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby thebeanie on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:52 am

No, SDK appears to be fully updated. I haven't changed firewall settings since I moved onto my new (current) computer, but then again I haven't used SDK since I got the new computer. I think it's the 64-bit thing. Can I force SDK to run in 32-bit or something?
thebeanie
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Return to Gaming Chat