USA 2008 Elections

Chat about serious topics and issues. Any flaming/de-railing will be deleted.

Re: USA 2008 Elections

Postby medestruit on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:18 am

How many more times can the dead horse be beaten? The U.S. has not gotten more than 20% of it's total oil from Iraq since Desert Storm. Get it through your thick skulls, oil was not our reason for Iraq. If we wanted to invade a country for oil, it would be Venezuela, who we get a lot of our current oil from(as well as having poor relations with Hugo Chavez), other than domestic and Canada. So stop throwing oil into the equation when it is a non-issue and has been for nearly 20 years.

What's even funnier, is this little statistic from last year:

For 2007, the Top 10 exporters of finished gasoline to the U.S. in million barrels were:
1. United Kingdom 25.147 million barrels (total for the year)
2. U.S. Virgin Islands 23.590
3. France 11.209
4. Canada 10.605
5. Netherlands 10.518
6. Norway 8.406
7. Germany 8.351
8. Russia 7.387
9. Italy 7.239
10. OPEC Countries 5.516

^^that is finished, refined product.

Crude oil import numbers are:
1. Canada 680.533 million barrels (total for the year)
2. Saudi Arabia 530.245
3. Mexico 514.48
4. Venezuela 419.841
5. Nigeria 394.856
6. Angola 181.215
7. Iraq 177.009
8. Algeria 161.755
9. Ecuador 72.138
10. Kuwait 64.306

Note that it doesn't list the U.S. due to that being the countries who export to the U.S. but we are 2nd in where our oil comes from. So not counting our own product, we import ~18% of our crude oil from Iraq.
medestruit
Pheropod
Pheropod

Re: USA 2008 Elections

Postby Mr-Jigsaw on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:00 pm

Sathor wrote:I do not remember the USA ever being invaded by communist forces.

I meant Germany. Germans were being talked about.

Sathor wrote:I do not think the WMDs were the real reason. Do you know why? Because North Korea is still huge and alive. You can't claim the US invaded Iraq for WMDs or the freedom of the people

I can explain this. Kim Jong Il is crazy. I don't think anyone wants to mess with that guy.

Sathor wrote:f the American people want an undivided government, it is their choice. One man, one vote, that is democracy.

Well then, the people are reactionary morons. Make your decisions based on logic and history, not emotion and groupthink.

Sathor wrote:I also understand America might have another interpretation of democracy (bombing the shit out of a country and deciding democracy is the right thing for another people).

Sorrow wrote:Did you know that by now -and these are estimates- over a million iraqis have died violent deaths up until the end of 2007? probably some 500.000 can be attributed to US / Nato / name a country bombings and military actions taken.
And that roughly 90% of the casualties in the iraq war are civilians? where are those precision bombs and high tech arms then?

Don't worry, we don't think THAT is democracy. But you should relize that most of the destruction and civilian casualties were resultant of IRAQI SUICIDE BOMBERS. Yes, not NATO. Its hard to say that we're on the wrong side of this conflict when they blow up their own countrymen to chance killing one American. Yes, America is evil here. You may also forget that the Shi'i extremists(which are VERY plentiful) execute Sunnis and anyone who disagrees with them. So you see I have a hard time thinking that America is the evil one seeing as how the Iraqis are the ones blowing up their own country and killing their own civilians.

Sorrow wrote:ou can claim you're on some righteous war or side but you're simply not.
The people wanted retribution for 9/11 and they got it, in force, and now there are a lot of angry people in line waiting for some training or bomb to be delivered so they can get revenge.

Yes, we are. Any insurgent who stands against us deserves the death waiting for them. There are many ways to get your opinion out, this is not one who should give credit to. Refer to my last paragraph and note that THEY are the ones killing their own civilians. Oh, and by the way. The reason why civilian deaths are so high is because partisans or insurgents ARE civilians, criminals in fact. The fact is, they are not military, which makes them CIVILIANS. Think about that.
Mr-Jigsaw
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Previous

Return to Serious Discussion