GreenDay/Bush/Government

Chat about serious topics and issues. Any flaming/de-railing will be deleted.

GreenDay/Bush/Government

Postby RSX WHEEEEEE on Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:55 am

Why is it currently "cool" to hate Bush? He's our President and deserves better than to be used as a marketing device for Michael Moore and Green Day, and the rest of the Entertainment Industry for that matter.
RSX WHEEEEEE
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby InvestmentBanking on Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:56 am

I guess you could say because he is an idiot.

Oh yah and you wrecked the entire frontpage of interlopers! :D
InvestmentBanking
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby cur_sed on Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:59 am

you're scrolling the front page across.
And because people are permitted to have and to express in whatever way they please their opinion of their elected leader. Greenday makes crappy music about how much they hate George Bush, and you make page-stretchingly long titled forum posts defending the same. I don't see the problem.
Well, actually I do, it's screwing up the front page....
cur_sed
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby 9f1062f623f9 on Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:01 am

Yeah I fixed it.

I dislike bush becasue the only thing he's good at is being a complete idiot. I look at him, then I wonder about all the people that voted for him... Then I wonder to myself, how stupid can these people be on a basis of 1 to 10? 11 I hear you say?
Level Designer :: Natural Selection 2
Online Portfolio :: http://dux.interlopers.net

9f1062f623f9
Unknown Worlds

Postby RSX WHEEEEEE on Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:05 am

What do you think makes him an idiot?

and sry bout the front page. didnt realize.
RSX WHEEEEEE
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Re: GreenDay/Bush/Government

Postby Persol on Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:12 am

RSX WHEEEEEE wrote:Why is it currently "cool" to hate Bush?
Because Bush took a tragedy and used it for his agenda. Regardless of the fact that they were unrelated.
He's our President and deserves better
He's our president, and deserves nothing more then the avereage citizen. We GRANT him extra powers in the hopes that he'll use them wisely. He hasn't.

What people seem to forget is that questioning politicians is NOT unpatriotic. It's the one and only thing that has any chance of keeping our government honest. This is ESPECIALLY important in a time of war.
than to be used as a marketing device for Michael Moore and Green Day
Micheal Morre I agree is for the most part a fool. He distorts reality just as much, if not more, then those he complains about. Green Day on the other hand is simply a band. As far as I know they aren't making things up so much as stating their opinion on our president.

If your going to suggest that Micheal Moore or Green Day don't have the right to voice their opinions, then I suggest you reconsider what is 'good' about the USA.
What do you think makes him an idiot?
Idiot is a bit much. He's done some pretty stupid things since 9/11... not sure if that makes him an idiot.
Persol
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Nav on Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:18 am

It's not "cool" to hate Bush, it's just well-known that he's a terrible politician.
Nav
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby slayera on Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:56 am

Lets see, he was a coke-head, was arrested on a DUI, never went to half his classes. Left Texas in worst buget shape than when he enter his governership. He lied about WMDs in Iraq. Never compeleted his guard duty, which was to get out of going to nam. His colleage professor called him 'flippant' because of his off color remarks (basic he was stupid and did not what the hell he was talking about). If it was not for his dad's coattails, he would have never made it to were his was today. Every business he owned failed. He believes ID should be taught in school as an alternet to evolution. He has fired or stifled findings for the goverment scientist he does not agree with, global warming and endanger species, just to a name a couple. He is doing the same thing Regan did by pumping up the miltary and cutting taxes. Regan left the county in the deepest debt of any president, Bush will have beat him by the end of his term. Many historians have all ready said he will go down as the worst president ever. His poll rating are the lowest of any president. The best man in is last term cabinet left because Bush made him lie about WMD's, Collin Powell, he left to save some face. The worst person is still there, Rumsfeld, he is a known war hawk. We would have NEVER gone to war in Iraq if it were not for this man, he felt Iraq was unfinished business from Bush Sr term and found any excuse to go to war. They all ready were making plans to attack Iraq the day Bush enter office, this was never about regime change or WMDs'. Rumsfeld, offer is resignation because HE was the one who signed the order for the abuse at Abu Ghraib, but Bush refused it. Bush called Korea, Iran, and Iraq the Axis of Evil, but we only attacked the weakest of the 3. If he really believes about regime change like he states we would have started with Iran, Korea, then Irag. Iran and Korea was and still are a much, much larger theat to the free world than Iraq ever was. Dick Cheney's former company Halburton, has won and kept the most lucitive goverment contracts without taking bids from other companies or reopening bids on yearly review per goverement rules. The department of Homeland security had still NOT done anything to make America safer, they have not completed one thing on the list they promissed and they are getting a huge buget increase this year, while seniors at the poorer levels are still not getting the help they need to buy meds. The patriot act has done more harm to the American people than the terrorist whom it was ment to protect. They are spying on Americans without warrants, which is in our constitution to protect from us from such stuff. He has gotten much better, but when he enter office he could hardly speak, pronounce words, or just mixed up statements. Can you say nuclear? Bush can't. This man basically got his education while in the White House. While American were/are fight and dying from his war, he goes on vaction for six weeks and goes plays golf. He has put his own people(friends) in goverment postions in which they were never quailified, hurricane katrina, being latest example. Even his own father disagrees with some his policies.

I am tired, but I could keep going on, on, and on...

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." -Robert Pirsig
slayera
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Shr3d on Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:33 am

Ahhh you gotta love australia.
John howard isn't even 10% as bad but kim beasley is a retard hobo who believes that if one australian is stranded in iraq we should risk the lives of 5000 men to save him instead of about 10 (chopper-full).
Shr3d

Postby zombie@computer on Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:30 am

Bush has the primairy responsibility for what the USA does. so when the usa does something stupid, bush is to blame
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Re: GreenDay/Bush/Government

Postby YokaI on Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:24 pm

RSX WHEEEEEE wrote:Why is it currently "cool" to hate Bush?

I believe greenday isnt responsible for this. Just exploiting it.
YokaI
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby JakeParlay on Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:30 pm

well said slayer
JakeParlay

Postby Terminator on Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:37 pm

Every President since the Vietnam Conflict has been hit hard by the media. It is an American tradition; one that stems from a loss of trust in the government. In the case of the US Government, there is a damned good reason why the people no longer trust them anymore.

Nothing can get that trust back, except a revolution and a new government... :twisted:
Feed your ambition, and find your inner strength.
FedCom: dare to push yourself beyond all limits!

Visit our website, and find the future you've been looking for!
Terminator
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Athlete{UK} on Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:52 pm

Greenday are just a pop group who jumped on the band wagon. I don't hate bush. there are a few people in the world i hate but that's different.

I dislike bush. I seriously think he's an idiot. I know traditionally every leader gets slammed by the media but seriously bush asks for it. I can't be arsed to go into my feelings towards his political outlook but i'll talk about the most obvious and easy thing.

Most powerful country the world has ever seen is lead by someone who seems to have the same IQ as a 3 year old. GG
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Caste on Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:28 pm

Terminator wrote:Every President since the Vietnam Conflict has been hit hard by the media. It is an American tradition; one that stems from a loss of trust in the government. In the case of the US Government, there is a damned good reason why the people no longer trust them anymore.

Nothing can get that trust back, except a revolution and a new government... :twisted:

No, that's not the reason.
He worked for every insult he gets.
I got my propaganda, I got revisionism
I got my violence in high def ultra-realism
all a part of this great nation
Caste
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Next

Return to Serious Discussion