Sherlock Holmes

Films, albums, random internet videos.

Sherlock Holmes

Postby nub on Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:07 am

So did anyone see it yet? I just saw it last night and I have to say that it was pretty fecking awesome. Great comedy, action, and plot. The CG was very well-done, especially those epic overhead shots of London.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Sherlock Holmes

Postby Chopium on Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:44 am

I want to see it. I just saw Avatar in IMAX 3D yesterday. Maybe I could see Holmes tomorrow.
Chopium

Postby masha08 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:01 am

I couldn't stop raving about Sherlock Holmes for weeks. It doesn't happen often that I enjoy a film so much. I even watched it twice in theaters. Hahaha ! I can't wait for the sequel.
masha08
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby srredfire on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:26 am

This movie wasn't even that good. Not good enough for a 5 month bump. Why do new people always bump old-ass threads?
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

Postby no00dylan on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:39 am

give them time, srredfire. Give them time.
no00dylan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Major Banter on Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:11 pm

I went to see Avatar. It was fully booked in every cinema up until 11-30pm.

Girlfriend and I were all "derp" and decided to see Sherlock Holmes. Mainly because I love RDJ.

So we went in.

I found it easily one of the best movies I've watched all year, pulling on so many of the book's quotes and little snippets, from the dog's name, the embroidered handkerchief, the way Holmes chases Irene, right down to the VR shot in the wall. Absolutely genius. I understand it was a slaughtering of the classic character, but what a fucking slaughter! I loved it. Fucking loved it.

I mean, seriously; how could you be British and not love it? It's a modernisation of a classic done neatly and with plenty of awesome. I'd even let the American lead be (he's fucking good though). Epic score to boot.

Saw Avatar the next week. Spent it fairly bored. Thought the scene where Alex or whatever was walking through the ashes would make an awesome scene in a game. Movie finished. Left the cinema thinking "meh".

EDIT - FUCKING TASTE MY RELEVANT BUMP SRRED, I'M IN WITH THE COOL KIDS
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Return to Media