GREETINGS! :)

New to the community? Give us a big wave.

GREETINGS! :)

Postby conquer001 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:56 pm

Good day, everyone! I'm conquer001, currently studying to be a game designer and hopefully upon graduation I can get hired as well.

So far, my and my fellow classmates have been taught and working our assignments in Hammer and so far, it has been an enriching and a continuing experience. There are still some unclear issues on whether I can share my maps here so I'm going to clarify those first before sharing them here.

The versions I've worked with so far are Half-Life 2 Episode Zero, Episode Two, Left-4-Dead 2, and most recently and latest assignment, Portal.

I'd also like to express my gratitude to the tutorials and documentation available here in interlopers.net and those greatly helped me with my assignments.

Finally, nice to meet you all and I look forward to learning more from the community.
conquer001

Re: GREETINGS! :)

Postby Saxon on Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:33 pm

Welcome to the forum!

I have to say, Hammer seems like a strange tool to use for teaching game design. I guess it's perhaps an example of a proprietary level editor or something.

I think you should be OK to release your map work, but to be safe don't release anything until after you graduate or whatever.

Have you got any screenshots you could show us?
Saxon
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby conquer001 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:09 pm

Well, I could probably do something about the screenshots. Once I got confirmation, I'll update this thread. :)
conquer001

Postby conquer001 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:25 pm

Okay, now that I decided to add screenshots, I assume that I should post them in the Showcase section?
conquer001

Postby Ark11 on Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:09 am

Hmm . . . Runescape and Maplestory commodities. That may interest me if I was still 7 years old.
"Drop kick me Jesus, through the goalposts of life." - Robert Bare
Ark11

Postby The Giblets of Jesus on Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:20 pm

Welcome to Interloepers :D

Mind the gap.
The Giblets of Jesus
Regular
Regular

Return to Introduction Time