FY_ICEWORLD_619

Show off your finished maps, models and other creations. Screen shots are a must!

Is this the BEST fy_iceworld for CS:S?

HELL YEAH!
4%
Yes
No votes
WTF??
4%
No
27%
I Hate fy_iceworld No Matter What
65%

Total votes : 26

FY_ICEWORLD_619

Postby zp2kmag on Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:26 pm

I didn't really want to make any more iceworld clone maps but I have hunted down any map of fy_iceworld for cs source looking for one that played and looked like it was the exact same thing just one that works in cs source and I found about 10+ maps... out of all of them only 2 were any good, one played just like it but the lighting was fucked and everyone just looked black. The other one had good lighting but wasn't anything like iceworld... That is why I made this map... you will see that it both plays/feels and looks just like iceworld without any flaws (thats my opinion and the 27 players that were playing it for 2 hours straight with me.)

...Please note I have been told it reminds people of another iceworld already out but it had fucked up lighting and mine has perfect lighting and sky.

SCREENSHOTS (working!!):

DOWNLOAD (note: missing textures until the morning, i need sleep!):
http://www.zp2k.com/css/maps/fy_iceworld_619.rar
zp2kmag
Regular
Regular

Postby wiggle987 on Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:53 pm

i hate fy_iceworld, no matter what :evil:
wiggle987
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jasard on Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:49 pm

hide it b4 spartan see's it!
Jasard
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Death33284 on Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:20 pm

*waits for a funny spartan rant*
Death33284
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby BaRRaKID on Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:56 pm

actually your lights, are nothing near perfection.. what's with those red light spots that are coming form no where? i really hate iceworld, and all of it's clones, and all of the clones clones, and all the mappers that did them.. so basiclly your in the mappers black list from now on :)

try to do something more chalenging then remake the worst thing that ever hapened to CS.. there are other maps that i would prefer to see in source then those ones..

*cough* where is spartan?*cough*
I've no sign
BaRRaKID
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Spartan on Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:12 pm

I didn't really want to make any more iceworld clone maps but I have hunted down any map of fy_iceworld for cs source looking for one that played and looked like it was the exact same thing just one that works in cs source and I found about 10+ maps... out of all of them only 2 were any good, one played just like it but the lighting was fucked and everyone just looked black. The other one had good lighting but wasn't anything like iceworld... That is why I made this map... you will see that it both plays/feels and looks just like iceworld without any flaws (thats my opinion and the 27 players that were playing it for 2 hours straight with me.)

...Please note I have been told it reminds people of another iceworld already out but it had fucked up lighting and mine has perfect lighting and sky.

SCREENSHOTS (working!!):

Well, well, well. I must say this is amazing work you've done here. I would play it... if I had the choice between playing this map and getting raped by satan every day. On second thought.

Seriously wtf are you thinking... wait never mind your spray explains it all.

I also lover how your lighting comes from nowhere. It gives it that realistic look to it.

P.S. Downsize your gay pics next time. Not everybody's screen resolution runs at 10000x10000. In fact don't post anything next time unless you plan to spend more time making the map then it took to compile.

That was refreshing. I haven't gotten to flame any fy maps in a few weeks. Just keep sending them in people I got nothing better to do than waste 5 minutes of my life looking at your map and then writing a review on it. Unless of course it looks like this Image
Spartan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby BaRRaKID on Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:21 pm

:smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041

you got me scared for a while spartan tooke you a while to answer ^^
I've no sign
BaRRaKID
Veteran
Veteran

Postby snufflez on Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:07 am

i love avalon, its so sexarific. who thinks he should do a survivor remake?
Dongs.
snufflez
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Death33284 on Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:17 am

Spartan 34 wrote:Well, well, well. I must say this is amazing work you've done here. I would play it... if I had the choice between playing this map and getting raped by satan every day. On second thought.

Nice, just what I was waiting for :smt098

Keep up the good work :D
Death33284
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby wiggle987 on Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:51 am

:smt038

you should write for something awful.com
wiggle987
Veteran
Veteran

Postby YokaI on Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:27 am

This is getting stupid....

You know what i think about Iceworld remakes?

1: Makes You Un-Artistic
2: Please, Please make your own map with your own layout.
3: No More FY maps.

Seriosly, Get a life....
YokaI
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby snufflez on Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:02 am

i can take shits that look more like a cs map than this.
Dongs.
snufflez
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby b0zz3N on Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:40 pm

LOL
b0zz3N
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby Carl on Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:32 pm

sorry but remakes are poo.
With all the technologies of source, why do people remake rubbish looking maps? If anyone wanted to play this then they would fire up cs 1.6 and play the original.
For a start off in Source the guns dissapear after a few seconds and valve dont look like they can be bothered to fix it. There are no improvements in this map than the original so basically you are reinventing the wheel.

This would probably take a good mapper the best part of 5 minutes to make, compile, upload and make a post about it. THere is a reason why they dont make them, and thats because they are poo.

I suggest spend your time making a map thats original.
Carl
Regular
Regular

Postby Nav on Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:37 pm

Could someone tell me what the snow texture was for the ground?
Nav
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Next

Return to Showcase