CS_MUSEUM

Show off your finished maps, models and other creations. Screen shots are a must!

Re: CS_MUSEUM

Postby Text_Fish on Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:41 am

Visually exquisite. On that side of things my only criticism would be that you've crammed so much detail in it almost feels a bit 'toy town'. I think you must have written a checklist of 'stuff you see in cities' and double ticked all of the boxes.

In terms of gameplay it doesn't really take advantage of the Hostage Rescue mechanics as there aren't very many routes so the winner is usually decided before anybody's had a chance to worry about objectives. One more route (possibly a basement route leading from the door under the obelisk to one of the low doors in the hostage room?) would probably help a lot in this regard. That's just with 5v5 so I can't imagine how much of a free-for-all it would be with 32!
Mappers Top Tip #548
Lighting: The arrangement, hue and intensity of one or multiple light sources.
Lightning: A dazzling discharge of electric sparks in the atmosphere, often preceding thunder.
Text_Fish
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby FMPONE on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:04 pm

the final version of Museum has been released :)

check it out on steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=127012360

or gamebanana:
http://csgo.gamebanana.com/maps/172401

A small changelog:
-Added another route for CTs into the Museum
-Moved CT spawn forward
-Made hostie location more obvious
-Removed several camping spots
-Fixed soundscape
FMPONE
Regular
Regular

Postby Sathor on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:01 pm

It is the first - and currently only - map for CS:GO I have subscribed. I really like it, although I have so far only played it with bots. It certainly qualifies as a map that could be included into an official map pack.

You have 35,000 subscribers. That speaks for itself I guess. I can only hope that my de_investment gets even 10% that popular, would make me so proud.
Sathor

Postby Hollow on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:02 pm

I tried it out a few days ago, and though it does look great, the bloom really rapes my eyes sometimes. I can imagine that being a little frustrating in particular firefights.
Hollow
Ubisoft/Monothetic

Postby Ark11 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:56 am

Sathor wrote:I can only hope that my de_investment gets even 10% that popular, would make me so proud.

If one person said my map was good, I would be so proud. :cry:
"Drop kick me Jesus, through the goalposts of life." - Robert Bare
Ark11

Previous

Return to Showcase