De_Castleville *under construction again* *new video*

Reveal what you have made so far and get feedback on development.

Postby Dead-Inside on Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:43 am

Listen, I'm just saying what I think he was saying.

I don't care much for you or your map myself I was just trying to get his message, as I got it, across.

That's what's with "the flaming".
Dead-Inside
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Rooster on Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:32 am

dont just fill the open spaces with props, changing the sqaure openings to other, shapes i guess, can make it look nice and change gameplay into a positive view if done correctly.
Visit my village today!
Rooster
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby sawo on Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:14 pm

Sounds like good idea to me.If someone have more ideas like this or even reference shots now is the time since there is no displacements etc so i can do whatever i want.
sawo
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby nub on Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:00 pm

O_o

This is like the 6th map or something you've released in the past week...

Stick to one map man.

I understand that you made a lot of these a while back, but I say you should pick the best-looking one and make a release of it and not 6 maps with separate threads.

What would work is if you made a combo thread that had multiple releases in it. I did that for my very first post over at Iwannamap.com a LONG time ago.

Anyway, as for the map itself. I liked some of it, but it just needs some more work.

Great start.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Ryder2394 on Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:14 pm

i dont care what the critics say, your map looks great. how in the world could that be goldsrc?? anyone who says that looks like goldsrc has probably never even seen a goldsrc map before.. its pretty and you keep creativity while its still realistic your map = win
Ryder2394
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby sawo on Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:25 pm

Ryder2394 thanks for the reply :)
nub i was thinking about that but 6 maps in one thread will be simply too much.Some of the maps are 100% complete, others are WIP and the whole thread will become into one big mess
bl_counterquake is finished i need to compile it again and update the links etc.
Right now De_Castleville is the only map im working on :)
sawo
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby ForceFist on Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:46 pm

Ryder2394 wrote:i dont care what the critics say, your map looks great. how in the world could that be goldsrc?? anyone who says that looks like goldsrc has probably never even seen a goldsrc map before.. its pretty and you keep creativity while its still realistic your map = win

You're absolutely right. It looks good and how the hell is "It looks like Goldsrc! You're computer is obviously not good enough for Source" be constructive critics?!
Current Project:
The Bunker
A One-Man-Mod
ForceFist
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby nub on Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:44 pm

sawo wrote:Ryder2394 thanks for the reply :)
nub i was thinking about that but 6 maps in one thread will be simply too much.Some of the maps are 100% complete, others are WIP and the whole thread will become into one big mess
bl_counterquake is finished i need to compile it again and update the links etc.
Right now De_Castleville is the only map im working on :)

Well if some are still WIP, post em in the under-construction thread or as a beta release or something. I didn't mean all 6 if I said that, maybe like 3 in a thread at once. Works out fine and is more organized.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby sawo on Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:32 pm

I checked the maps in under construction but none of them was available for download thats why i used the complete maps forum since i have beta version available
sawo
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby sawo on Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:06 am

Im working on the grape plants and i need your opinions :)
Check out this
I made the rope thinner to make it look more like metal wire also im testing some other textures/props to make it more realistic but its not the best since there is not much similar props available in source.
sawo
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Psy on Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 am

What is behind the ivy? A wall? The rope just looks funky.
Psy
Veteran
Veteran

Postby sawo on Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:48 am

Ok guys just uploaded new video (720x480 36Mb ~2mbps; fast vvis/vrad) of the progress i've made so far.I finished most of the major changes in the map now i plan to make new windows, modify the details in some of the areas and ofcourse optimize it as much as i can.
If you have some suggestions post them now, before i start adding the details and the final touches.
sawo
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Previous

Return to Under Construction