Necro's(me) foliage pack.

Reveal what you have made so far and get feedback on development.

Necro's(me) foliage pack.

Postby LiamFarley1998 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:26 pm

Here is a first look at my foliage pack. Im new to modelling for source so it took me a while to figure out how to use "$alphatest" 1 instead of "$translucent" 1
Currently all I have is trees, Only one exported, with two out of the six skins set up. This set of tree's will have 5 base shapes and 6 skins each. Resulting in 30 different trees! Im starting modelling the other trees and shrubs now and will probably start exporting the remaining 5 trees, as well as setting up the skins later. Here a short video of the first tree and first two skins.

The trunk models have been subsurfed and are now using smooth shading instead of solid shading.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20577501/trees.zip Download use the skin when creating the static prop in hammer, the first is autumn then the other are summer variants.
Last edited by LiamFarley1998 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
LiamFarley1998
Regular
Regular

Re: Necro's(me) foliage pack.

Postby LordDz on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:32 pm

They need better (larger) shadows?
LordDz
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby LiamFarley1998 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:16 pm

Yeah I was using valve's map for testing shadow maps and the light_environment point basically straight down. I've lowered the skin count to four because the other two weren't really high quality. Also the game casts shadows base on the collision mesh which happens to be the trunk. You need a special compile code to get it to use the actual tree. I don't really have the time for mapping right now I'll do that later just to show what this is capable of.
LiamFarley1998
Regular
Regular

Postby Kosire on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:22 pm

LiamFarley1998 wrote:Yeah I was using valve's map for testing shadow maps and the light_environment point basically straight down. I've lowered the skin count to four because the other two weren't really high quality. Also the game casts shadows base on the collision mesh which happens to be the trunk. You need a special compile code to get it to use the actual tree. I don't really have the time for mapping right now I'll do that later just to show what this is capable of.

No need for special compile tools.

Just click Compile, go to expert mode, choose whatever you like and edit the vrad with this
Code: Select all
-staticproppolys -staticproplighting -textureshadows -both -final -game $gamedir $path\$file
Kosire
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby LiamFarley1998 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Thanks that what I meant the advanced editing not tools. Im gonna post some screenshots of it.
LiamFarley1998
Regular
Regular

Postby stoopdapoop on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:00 pm

I'm Brown
stoopdapoop
Veteran
Veteran

Return to Under Construction