Blackmesa source 2011?

Discuss modifications and also recruit team members.

Blackmesa source 2011?

Postby BubbleQ on Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:14 pm

Hello guys!

For about a year ago, the blackmesasource devteam/homepage anounced that they would release the mod at the begining of 2010. They seemd very sure about this, though in the last minuite they told us it has been delayed. Well this is fine for me, a mod is being delayd a bit happens often. But then it went 2 mounths, 5 mounths, a YEAR :shock:
A whole year delayed, what?

I just wonder, what have they done that needed a whole new year to build? I don´t know if I should cry or laugh, the whole situation feels very wierd^^

So I kinda wonder if anyone has a clue on what happend to it. Did they ported it all over to OB, or was it that allready.
Personaly I think(hope) that Valve contacted the team and told them that they could join in the next colourbox :wink:
A box with Portal 2, l4d3, ep3, TF3, DotA 2 included. And then also blackmesa :smt023

Eighter way I need someexplination, please help me!
---------------------------------
I am a happy mapper!
Archlinux
BubbleQ
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Re: Blackmesa source 2011?

Postby Pwnd_Ja on Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:36 pm

Nobody knows. Wasn't BM:S due for a 2009 release as well?
Interlopers Chat wrote:-MELVIn: think I found the error
-MELVIn: my monitor was set as the default communication device
Pwnd_Ja
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby cheesemoo0 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:41 pm

Why are you asking us? You should post this on the Blackmesa Source forums just like the hundreds of other people.
cheesemoo0
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby darkpivot on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:52 pm

Didn't they say a while ago that they were on schedule and were estimated to release in 12 months? (I'm not sure how long ago they said that.)
darkpivot
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Chrille on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:55 pm

they said that in june, and they've also just recently stated that we will see something late 2010/early 2011
Chrille
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby darkpivot on Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:44 pm

Chrille wrote:they said that in june, and they've also just recently stated that we will see something late 2010/early 2011

Black Mesa feels like Episode 3, except we've already seen media of it. :P
darkpivot
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby safocommander on Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:28 am

Black Mesa is being delayed to 2011 cause they are waiting for Portal 2's release, they want to know if there are any Source Engine updates that they can use that is on Portal 2. In my opinion it's a stupid thing to do if you just keep doing this without releasing a version of it, yet. I guess by now, it's already done, they're just tweaking it with God only knows what.
safocommander
Just Joined
Just Joined

Postby darkpivot on Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:57 am

safocommander wrote:Black Mesa is being delayed to 2011 cause they are waiting for Portal 2's release, they want to know if there are any Source Engine updates that they can use that is on Portal 2. In my opinion it's a stupid thing to do if you just keep doing this without releasing a version of it, yet. I guess by now, it's already done, they're just tweaking it with God only knows what.

I don't think they'd wait for Portal 2 just because of new engine features. Wouldn't they have a lot of trouble porting all their stuff to a different engine version? I don't know about that stuff too much though. Oh well, I trust that they have good reason for delaying the mod. I'm sure it will be one of, of not the best source mod ever.
darkpivot
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Gary on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:04 am

Do we even know if Portal 2 is even going to be released with code? L4D1/2 code wasn't, so I fear that Portal 2's code might not be ether.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Chrille on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:05 am

safocommander wrote:Black Mesa is being delayed to 2011 cause they are waiting for Portal 2's release, they want to know if there are any Source Engine updates that they can use that is on Portal 2. In my opinion it's a stupid thing to do if you just keep doing this without releasing a version of it, yet. I guess by now, it's already done, they're just tweaking it with God only knows what.

Uhm, they already said that they aren't updating the engine from the EP2 version
Chrille
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Gary on Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:10 am

They should just release the mod and update it over time. Instead of making everyone wait to play it, release it now and then people can be playing it while your working on porting it to a new engine version or what ever.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby SotaPoika on Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:58 am

Black Mesa is very good looking mod and all, but I'm not anymore waiting for the release (haven't been for year or two). Way too many delays and quite long periods of no updates. I will play this once it comes out, but not expecting it to happen anytime soon. I guess alot of hype and expectations from community is giving them hard time to make the game actually worth it.
* Portfolio: http://sp0n3.carbonmade.com/
* No More Room In Hell - Level Designer
* Zombie Panic! Source - Level Designer
SotaPoika
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Jike on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:56 am

Duh. The reason it hasn't released yet, is because it is not done yet. Having it done and continue letting the world wait would be massively stupid.

They wanna get this job done with.

Fact is, it isn't done yet, because they are some ver veeeery slow dudes.
-Jike
Jike
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby marks on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:54 pm

Hugely anticipated mod that has been in development since the dawn of time has missed its release date?

That's a real shocker.
marks
Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly

Postby source-maps on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:25 pm

SotaPoika wrote:Black Mesa is very good looking mod and all, but I'm not anymore waiting for the release (haven't been for year or two). Way too many delays and quite long periods of no updates. I will play this once it comes out, but not expecting it to happen anytime soon. I guess alot of hype and expectations from community is giving them hard time to make the game actually worth it.

and that is coming from a guy that works on NMRiH :P
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Next

Return to Mod Talk