First Time Modder (HL2) Looking For Help

Discuss modifications and also recruit team members.

First Time Modder (HL2) Looking For Help

Postby Zombie_Gman on Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:39 am

Hi everyone! It's the first time I'm using the Source engine, so I'm going to need a lot of help. :oops:

Anyway, my mod is called Grayshot. If the name sounds familiar to you, it's because I'm reviving this mod, which was scrapped back in 2008. I'm also keeping it as close to the original as possible while adding new twists and ideas to it. If you don't know what Grayshot is, or if you just want to refresh the plot in your mind, here's the information I have so far:

Inspired by Cloverfield, Grayshot is a Half-Life 2 modification that takes place in November of 2012. In Grayshot, you play as Michael Summers, a twenty year old man who lives in Toronto, Canada, and is just trying to live a normal life. But your whole world gets shattered when the Grayshot Monster attacks North America--a 500 foot tall, intelligent, fearsome, creature which has only one goal in mind: to wipe out all of humanity, and claim Earth as its own. Now your only hope is to reach a rumored safety outpost run by Andrew Myers, the only man in the world who saw this coming. Now the question is: Can you survive?

Chracters
Grayshot will have a cast of interesting and believable characters, with some willing to help you, and others who want to see you die. Here's the cast for the game so far:

Michael Summers: Age 20, Height 5'10, Occupation (unknown as of now)

Michael Summers lives in Toronto, Canada with his parents. He likes having parties, drinking beer, hanging out with his friends, and has a girlfriend who he plans to marry. But when Grayshot attacks, he has to leave his whole life behind him to try and find a remote outpost where it is rumored that people are safe from this mysterious beast.

Skyler Sanchez: Personal Details Unknown

Not much is known about her at the moment, except that she is Michael's girlfriend.

Andrew Myers: Personal Details Unknown

Not much is known about him yet, excpet that he is wante by the government for many reasons. He's been labeled a thief, a public enemy, and a murderer. But he's the only man who can protect humanity from the Grayshot monster.

Enemies
These enemies are out to stop you at every turn. You can't escape them--only get a bit farther than them before they catch up to you.

Grayshot: Height 500 feet, Biology Insectoid

Grayshot--just the name sounds forbidding. But what is it? What is this mysterious monster that burst from the ground and attacks humanity, with no reason why in sight? Where did it come from? How was it hiding all these years? Nobody knows. Large, fearsome, and evil, the Grayshot monster is nearly unstoppable, and its only goal is to wip every human being off the face of the Earth. It leads an entire army of Mutants and Gene Leeches, which it sends out to try and stop you.

Mutants: Mutants are mutated humans infected by Gene Leeches and come in all shapes and sizes. Still wearing whatever clothes they had on when they were Converted, these innocent people had their entire genetic structure rewritten and spliced with that of the Grayshot monster's, so that they would be its loyal servants.

Gene Leeches These slug-like creatures are what allow Grayshot to mutate humans and assimilate them into its army. Once attached to a host, they burrow under the skin and dissolve into the bloodstream to begin the process of mutation. If someone gets one attached to them, there's only one way to get rid of it--death.

Emergency Hazard Protection Squad these government troopps were sent into the Quarantine Zone to destroy any evidence of the Grayshot monster's attack by any means necessary. Even civilians must be killed. But as they will soon find out, Grayshot is not a force to be reckoned with.

Here is some media left over from the old version of the mod, which I will likely be reusing.

http://img831.imageshack.us/i/grayshotpostersmall.jpg/

http://img684.imageshack.us/i/quarantineimagepf7.jpg/

PLEASE NOTE! The mod is no longer being developed by Planet X Fiction. Instead, it is being made by Scavenger Productions.

If you are interested in helping, please send me a PM first so I can fill you in on specifics.
Zombie_Gman
Dumpling
Dumpling

Re: First Time Modder (HL2) Looking For Help

Postby Jangalomph on Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:09 am

Do you need a base mod? :3

http://www.moddb.com/mods/orange-box-ba ... lopers-kit

I can help you with that much. Because there it is!

As for actual team. Show more media. And people may join!
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Zombie_Gman on Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:18 pm

jangalomph wrote:Do you need a base mod? :3

http://www.moddb.com/mods/orange-box-ba ... lopers-kit

I can help you with that much. Because there it is!

As for actual team. Show more media. And people may join!

Oh, the famous base mod... I downloaded it when I began to make this, and after following all instructions, adding my own maps, getting absolutely no errors... I was stuck in a giant column, falling to my inevitable death. :P

Anywho, more media to come! Just stay put, you'll be seeing some concept art and maybe old in-game footage soon!
Zombie_Gman
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby Jangalomph on Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:03 pm

Ah yes, the gravlol.bsp map :D

And when you show media. People are more likely to catch on!
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Return to Mod Talk