TF2 - The Classless Update

Comment on the news articles here.

Re: TF2 - The Classless Update

Postby Psy on Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:39 pm

You have a pistol for a reason. Just shoot the damn teleporter entrance. Ubercharges were fine before the Sandman came along and nobody gave a shit then. You can still slow them down using stickies, airblast and sentries.
Psy
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Sacul15 on Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:08 am

Yeah, but by shooting it you give away your disguise and unless you are really lucky, your life. So by the time you respawn, there's already another entrance up that you have to go take care of. This tactic becomes a minor nuisance to an engineer, compared to spy who is staying around the base taking out teleporters as the engies rebuild them and finally causing a large portion of the team to smoke him out. Makes the engie's job too easy, in my opinion (Engie and spy are my top classes, by the way).

As for Ubercharges, you're probably right. Still, it was nice to have a fail-safe way to stop them by switching to an uncommon play-style.
Sacul15
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby cohrt on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:01 am

love KOTH nucleus but the "overtime" spam gets annoying
"Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, 'Goodbye' and you were like 'NOOO WAAAY' and I was all 'we pretended we were going to murder you'. That was great..."
cohrt
Regular
Regular

Postby KommanderK on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:28 am

I was gunna come here to post this:
http://www.teamfortress.com/classless/hidden/today_is_a_good_day/

but it seems it just reached the quota, as my friends said they didnt get one.
KommanderK
Regular
Regular

Postby no00dylan on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:33 am

SHIT

i want my medal
no00dylan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ad_hominem on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:01 am

I love that picture. I wish it was big enough for a wallpaper.

Also - best thing of the update is undoubtedly the custom animations for the team that lost. Bloody hilarious.
ad_hominem
Monothetic
Monothetic

Postby Psy on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:29 am

Sacul15 wrote:Yeah, but by shooting it you give away your disguise and unless you are really lucky, your life. So by the time you respawn, there's already another entrance up that you have to go take care of.

If you're smart you will check the scoreboard to see if any enemies are waiting to respawn. Wait for the next wave to appear, uncloak, pew pew, run away. They'll never know.
Psy
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Mess on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:42 am

what so did you actually get some sort of medal in some form by getting to that site?
Mess
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby ad_hominem on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:45 am

Also, these new hats are inspired. A top hat for demo, a saucepan for soldier, and a FUCKING BEARD WITH HIDDEN CAMERA IN for spy! Awesome!

ad_hominem
Monothetic
Monothetic

Postby vcool on Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:53 am

Psy wrote:
Sacul15 wrote:Yeah, but by shooting it you give away your disguise and unless you are really lucky, your life. So by the time you respawn, there's already another entrance up that you have to go take care of.

If you're smart you will check the scoreboard to see if any enemies are waiting to respawn. Wait for the next wave to appear, uncloak, pew pew, run away. They'll never know.

Yay! Let's make a class that is already the most intellectually demanding even HARDER so less people play as spy and we all get pwned by a team with teleports! AWESOME, HUH?! Good spies are hard to come by but at least the average joe is able to do the team some good by taking out the entrance teleports. Not anymore.

Checking scoreboards isn't exactly intellectually demanding, sure, but how many people actually bother to do that?

I haven't played the update, but this new spy nerf is already pissing me off.

What if you have 4 teleports at the entrance? You sap them all and then you have 10 seconds on average to shoot all 4 them, disguise and run to cover. The Ambassador also becomes pretty useless since the revolver does more damage.

Fail, Valve. :|

Neighborhood Forum Elitist
vcool
Veteran
Veteran

Postby source-maps on Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:18 pm

I think its a good thing, the spy is a better class since the spy/snip update and it became allot harder for the engineer
btw spy isnt that hard to play

and some spys just keep spamming their spapper on the teleport entrance wich is sometimes pretty annoying when you are on the blu team in PL maps.. not just for the engy
source-maps
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby ƒray on Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:07 pm

Yea, the "spam sapp" and engineers complaining about it blows up, well I like this update better because you will never make it back to your entrance on PL maps to hit it before it destroys, at least you have a chance to save it and hope your teammates will kill that spy as you wrench the exit
Signature images are 400x100 - You sir fail at rule listening
ƒray
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby nub on Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:57 pm

I really think it's impossible to balance it for either class. You either make it hard as shit for spies, or harder for the engineers.

I love being both classes, and I think it should be easier for the Spy, but I can deal with it I guess. Like Vcool said, good spies are hard to come by anyway.

And yes, I am butthurt about Pyros, BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS MANAGE TO BURN MY ASS! :smt088
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby no00dylan on Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:45 pm

ad_hominem wrote:I love that picture. I wish it was big enough for a wallpaper.

Also - best thing of the update is undoubtedly the custom animations for the team that lost. Bloody hilarious.

I couldn't agree more, it took me by surprise and I laughed like a madman.
no00dylan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby EArkham on Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:52 pm

ARGH. Sandman no longer affecting ubers. Argh, oog, oog, argh. Make it wear off twice as fast instead. Eeesh.

Then again I haven't played in a couple of months, so maybe there were dozens of scouts with the sandman running around and shutting ubers down lately. When I played, it didn't happen often, and usually it was just me doing it. :D

I guess I can begrudgingly see why it was done. Still doesn't mean I have to like it.

Kep
EArkham
Regular
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Site News