Valve announce details of L4D 2 advertising campaign

Comment on the news articles here.

Re: Valve announce details of L4D 2 advertising campaign

Postby Phott on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:01 pm

Well said Zip, pretty much the longer of what I said, so much new content it'd be dumb for the company not to sell it as a new game.
Phott
Veteran
Veteran

Postby AverageJoe on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:05 pm

Gah..my modem died.

Zipfinator wrote:You'd rather have L4D2 as an addon pack? I thought people have gone over this enough where it was out of the question, but I guess you missed all of those threads.

Yeah i just joined so I guess I did miss all the threads.

I thought I was keeping fairly up to date with all of that stuff but it looks like my ignorance made a fool of me.
Thanks for clearing all of this up for me guys. :)
We are not but a parade of crystalline machines, performing as programmed.
AverageJoe
Regular
Regular

Postby Phott on Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:58 pm

It'd be interesting to see if it was possible to have different survivors for every map, I mean, this would also make it possible for mappers/modders to create their own survivors, and it'd work like the zombies, depending on the map it loads different zombies.
Phott
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Zipfinator on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:37 pm

Phott wrote:It'd be interesting to see if it was possible to have different survivors for every map, I mean, this would also make it possible for mappers/modders to create their own survivors, and it'd work like the zombies, depending on the map it loads different zombies.

Well all the campaigns in L4D2 are linked story-wise so it wouldn't be good for Valve to have different survivors in every campaign, but it would be nice for some custom campaigns to have their own set of survivors. Loading a new set of survivors is much different than loading a new set of uncommon common infected probably though which is probably why they haven't done that.

Also just thought of this, do you think you'll be able to add your own uncommon common infected to a custom campaign?
|Pipe Dream|City 17: Episode 1|
Zipfinator
Veteran
Veteran

Previous

Return to Site News