Halflife2.net interview with Chet Faliszek

Comment on the news articles here.

Halflife2.net interview with Chet Faliszek

Postby Blink on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:43 am

L4D 2 was at the recent Eurogamer Expo in London which I did attend but once I saw that L4D2 was on Xbox only I immediately lost interest. It really is an inferior experience.

However, Chet Faliszek was wondering around and the guys over at halflife2.net managed to grab an interview:

Glenn: Do you ever grow tired of the trolls?

Chet: I mean no, a lot of the times they're not able to play the game and you get a different reaction. I remember when we released the update for the melee fatigue, people were outraged! 'It won't work, we can't play it', oh the angry emails. I was like 'hey are you online, my name's Chet, lets play'. And I start playing with them and they'd say "oh yeah it's barely noticeable". It's good to stay in touch with the community, I mean last year we had a major issue with connections from Norway. Looking in everything looked fine, but coming out there were some server problems. So that kind of relationship with customers really helps us to improve our service.

Check out the full interview with gameplay videos.
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Re: Halflife2.net interview with Chet Faliszek

Postby Habboi on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:21 pm

I also went to the Expo but I didn't even bother checking L4D 2 out mainly because I went to the EA event on wednesday. Chet's a nice guy actually although he was busy when I met him :( Wanted to ask him about EP3 ;D
http://www.habboi.co.uk - Habboi's Portfolio

3D Art Director working on indie title "A Hat in Time" by Gears for Breakfast.
http://hatintime.com/
Habboi
Veteran
Veteran

Postby nub on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:27 pm

I've never had the chance to go to expos like these. Any events that take place in the US are always far away from me so I never have a chance to go to them.

Can't wait to play the demo for L4D2 today. I'm going to try and pre-order it too. I'MMA GET MAH BILL HAT FOR TF2!
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby no00dylan on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:31 pm

Did Dark Carnival seem lighter to anyone else?
no00dylan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jorg40 on Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:33 pm

WOOOOO!!!! NORWAY!! YEAH!!!
Jorg40
Regular
Regular

Postby marks on Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:33 pm

I went on the friday, was there for about 5 hours and didn't have time to play a single game, how fail is that? Was quite gutted that I missed Chet's talk on sat, but the Blackrock one by Nick Barnes(sp?) was very awesome, lovely guy.
marks
Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly

Return to Site News