Valve Wants You To Make Items In TF2

Comment on the news articles here.

Re: Valve Wants You To Make Items In TF2

Postby Corigami on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:13 am

Heavy's little friend is all compiled with jigglebones. The model shows up in game, but when I try and replace one of the heavy's hats with the kitty the hat just doesn't show up. Any suggestions? I have a bip_head bone just like all the other hats.
Corigami
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Gary on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:19 am

I like cats, so I like your hat. But, I am not a huge fan of those whiskers.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby YokaI on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:37 am

To the post above: I'm not sure exactly the reason for that. Are you positive the model isn't showing up anywhere at all? (Like inside the heavy or something bizarre?)

I don't want to change the subject, but I've posted on another site my wip on my model, just wondering what y'all think.

Pyro's Love Armband
Now before I post the screenshots and have people go all "wtf why the pyro?", I decided to start a joke I was planning on making first in my machinima project (don't ask me how that's going btw, have the stages and then need to get a modeler better than I or become a better modeler myself to do player models) which was a recreation of a specific OP scene to an anime I quite like.

Basically this Misc item idea is based off this anime (A little NSFW, a bit sexual for western tastes) that I think I've posted before around here somewhere. Since the pyro's gender is labeled as a s/he (much like another game I fancy) by the TF2 developers frequently, I thought it would be funny to play it as though pyro is another one of cutie honey transformations in the machinema I planned to do (and probably will do at some point.) Well, this submit your custom assets thing is just too good to pass up, so I decided that while I practice my modeling for something bigger, I may as well try to make some TF2 worthy assets!

This is really one of my first attempt at modeling something that isn't a damn crate (why I can't do a machinema just yet) but I'm liking the way it's turning out so far. Untextured Results:
Based on this image of the original show:

Texturing is my next step, but I think I wan to redo the dangling part of the band, and maybe give it jiggle bones! The band is a bit lower on the arm but that was the only place I could put it without it messing up and getting stuck inside the pyro's armpit (which is rather low, probably because s/he wears such baggy clothing) I don't know though, this submission isn't really that of serious-ness and more for practicing. BUT, valentines day is coming around the corner, and it would sure make a funny unlock (If you know anything of this series of Japanese animated history). :-D

Decided to do something anime because, well, a good source for getting cartoony content no? :lol: P.S. Yes, I hope to also have the Choker be packaged with the armband as the same piece, but I'm not sure what the limitations of TF2 misc items are.
YokaI
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Previous

Return to Site News