Steam changes live!

Comment on the news articles here.

Re: Steam changes live!

Postby ThePain on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:18 pm

Wild rice is highly over-rated... really rice in general is over-rated. Oh look poverty food with very little dietary value and a high glycemic value (you'd almost gain less weight if you just ate sugar) that's completely bland unless you add lots of spices to it. Atop all the fucking weeaboos eating it so they can be just like the characters in their japanese cartoons which are just as socially unaccepted in Japan's normal society as they are here in the US, and you've got a food that's both nutritionally and socially in bad taste to serve.

Also the store page takes for fucking ever to load when I start up Steam. Once it's loaded the first time it's fine, but till then I've got a nice 45 second wait for it to load up. Not the program itself mind you; as I can click to my games tab instantly, but that store.
It's quite simple really. I want to be a professional level designer. I want this to be my job.
ThePain
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby EArkham on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:55 pm

Hardly anything loads for me in the new steam. Games & tools tabs load, but that's it. Can't view my profile, and if I click "change avatar" from the settings, it gives me a script error warning.

I really like "small mode" but clicking on just about anything pulls you out of small mode instead of creating scrollbars.

Big meh so far. Hoping the loading problems are temporary and due to maintenance or something.

Kep
EArkham
Regular
Regular

Postby jister on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:37 am

bekey wrote:Thank god for "small mode".

view > small mode

Thanks man, was looking for that!

otherwise i guess it's cool they improved, only now i have to spend some amount of time getting to know the new features and learn them. ahh well i don't wanna complain to hard, just feels a bit like a waist of time.
jister
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Gary on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:13 pm

I think it need more a core update, not a UI update... maybe make games start up faster, Steam not lock-up as much, not use 200MBs of my RAM when not doing anything...
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby .treeturtle-- on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:49 pm

Gary wrote:I think it need more a core update, not a UI update... maybe make games start up faster, Steam not lock-up as much, not use 200MBs of my RAM when not doing anything...

now that its off beta it is a little better, but it still uses about 4x more resources than the old steam at best.
I'm just sitting at the main store page and its eating up 100mb.
turtle
.treeturtle--
Regular
Regular

Postby Zecrah on Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:40 pm

I really don't see a problem. Steam have had that old style for years and they finally make an advancement and everyone is like OMAOIGENEAOIRUGNAEW ITS USING MAH MEMORIEZ. Well duh, of course it will. As things progress they naturally get more resource intensive, but then so is computing power. On top of that, this still isn't the super final release anyway.

Anywhoo, I've been using this beta since about a week after the release and to be honest, I love it. As with anything new, it takes a week or so to get used to it but then it's just so much better than the old one. For me anyway. :d
Major Banter wrote:Zecrah, you've come from nowhere yet have rapidly become a Hammer God.

Wtf.

Check out my weapons tutorial
Zecrah
Design Section Moderator

Postby Chopium on Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:46 pm

My old Steam UI used to freeze a lot. This one doesn't.
Chopium

Previous

Return to Site News