Human Error Co-Op Released

Comment on the news articles here.

Human Error Co-Op Released

Postby Mess on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:17 pm

Human Error Co-Op is a mix of Left 4 Dead's four-player, with Half Life's enemies, and someone playing like a TF2 spy for good measure. It's still in beta but already shows alot of promise. This video explains the basic premise.

You don't need dedicated servers, just host from your own computer if you have a decent internet connection. For media and download links, you can head to the Half Life: Short Stories website or their Moddb page.
Mess
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Re: Human Error Co-Op Released

Postby vcool on Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:26 pm

yay

Neighborhood Forum Elitist
vcool
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Noodles on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:45 am

Ok so there's a lot of cool about this, but I'd like some questions answered....

What the feck is with the golden ghost girl?

Why do the characters have personalities? They're combine...whole point of combine is that they are drones.

Is there a story on how come there are Xenian aliens?

Also, I like the sleepy Scandinavian setting, makes me think of Kopps...."Don't EVER fuck with Benny the cop!" :D
'English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havershambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary Rawlinson End.'
Noodles
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Armageddon on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:51 am

DUDE! Have you played Human Error? Play it and the girl will be explained. These dudes are not combine, they are metro cops, citizens that have a job, not combine. What do you mean how come there are Zen aliens? It's the HL universe...
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Noodles on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:20 pm

Armageddon wrote:DUDE! Have you played Human Error? Play it and the girl will be explained. These dudes are not combine, they are metro cops, citizens that have a job, not combine. What do you mean how come there are Zen aliens? It's the HL universe...

Nope, that's why I asked :P

And yeah, but Xen aliens helping rebels? O.o Vorts, yeah, because they were slaves, but the others?
'English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havershambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary Rawlinson End.'
Noodles
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby destructo on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:52 pm

This is a great mod, more than just another source MP shooter, & everyone should try it. The 10-minute objective-based rounds are dense & complex with scope for various winning strategies. The standout feature is the social aspect of bluffing, inducing paranoia & trying to guess other players motives, & really comes into its own when played with voip.
destructo
Regular
Regular

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:04 pm

um, waat is voip and besides i can haxor the game and maek everyone traitors and get da gurl to another castles.

I think this mod is truly impressive. I am mostly psyched because of the working NPC's and the fact that they have been given to the community. I cannot wait to see the next single-player campaign become available. I am also hoping to get back to normal internetz soon so I can play Traitor Mode without the epic lag afforded by Wi-Fi cafes.
"Day breaks, but decay soon follows." - Ava Winona
Currently developing in radio silence... 99 Bolts
Here's another project of mine... Assault on Overwatch
Are you new to Source SDK? VDC
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Phott on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:38 pm

VoIP=Voice over IP
Basically talk to people with mic.

The mod certainly looks impressive from a gameplay point of view, but I was not impressed by the mapping in the single player campaign.
Phott
Veteran
Veteran

Postby nub on Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:07 pm

The glowing princess girl is definitely really strange, but I guess it's explained in the mod? It just seems way too unfitting for the HL universe.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Phott on Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:09 pm

nub wrote:The glowing princess girl is definitely really strange, but I guess it's explained in the mod? It just seems way too unfitting for the HL universe.

It's explained right in the beginning, even, just play the first 10 minutes and you'll get it.

It's pretty awesome.
Phott
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Mess on Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:04 pm

yes playing this mod with voice-chat is amazing, I have been in stitches listening to Heppa protest he is not the traitor
Mess
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Return to Site News