Black Mesa Source is released

Comment on the news articles here.

Re: Black Mesa Source is released

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:31 pm

ScarT wrote:The mod is released under Creative Commons [1] [2].

epic news. now, if only I could figure out how to incorporate all of the xenian NPC's (bullsquids and houndeyes) and weapons into my mods...actually they would make the normal enemies look ugly. even the headcrabs seem to look better, lol.

in a completely unrelated story, fifteen Black-Mesa-themed mods were just announced on mod db this weekend...
"Day breaks, but decay soon follows." - Ava Winona
Currently developing in radio silence... 99 Bolts
Here's another project of mine... Assault on Overwatch
Are you new to Source SDK? VDC
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby nub on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:41 am

And they'll all probably be dead within six months.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Armageddon on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:14 am

I'm making a map pack for it which should be okay right?
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Jangalomph on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:28 am

nub wrote:And they'll all probably be dead within six months.

Ding ding ding
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Mephasto on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:47 am

Game keeps crashing on the lambda complex map. Everytime you climb the ladders on coolantank02 or something it goes hurpadurp and shuts down.

On the rail was much better than in the original. Soldier voiceacting was just horrible.
Mephasto
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby zombie@computer on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Mephasto wrote:Game keeps crashing on the lambda complex map. Everytime you climb the ladders on coolantank02 or something it goes hurpadurp and shuts down.

On the rail was much better than in the original. Soldier voiceacting was just horrible.

Ive seen crashes on multiple occasions. Often linked to some scripted event, as reloading from a saved game a few mins prior to the crash crashes at the same point. Quite a nuisance.
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Gary on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:12 pm

No crashes for me so far.
Have a question related to modding or something I posted? Something that needs staff attention? I haven't been active lately, but feel free to PM me or message me on Steam(link below)

Gary
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:23 pm

i crashed a few times so far as well. for me it seems linked to flashlight usage. not sure what to make of it.

another thing I want to point out here...I think that the one thing that really sets this mod apart from its peers (apart from the NPCs) is the EPIC FUCKING BRUSHWORK. From the massive curved tunnels and gorgeously arched interiors to the hydroelectric dam and the buildings on the surface, everything is so beautiful, smooth, and seemingly perfect. I have found very little to complain about in that regard (the only notable exception being "Forget About Freeman" with the beginning of the Lambda Bunker, which looks rushed and neglected in the art pass). It is all just impeccable brushwork.

How do they do it!?!?
Last edited by joe_rogers_11155 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Blink on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:24 pm

joe_rogers_11155 wrote:i crashed a few times so far as well. for me it seems linked to flashlight usage. not sure what to make of it.

another thing I want to point out here...I think that the one thing that really sets this mod apart from its peers (apart from the NPCs) is the EPIC FUCKING BRUSHWORK. From the massive curved tunnels and gorgeously arched interiors to the hydroelectric dam and the buildings on the surface, everything is so beautiful, smooth, and perfect.

How do they do it!?!?

A once required skill before HL2 came about and everyone filled their maps with props. Makes all the difference as you've seen
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby joe_rogers_11155 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:26 pm

I totally agree and understand. I feel challenged to really up the ante with my brushwork.

I'm just gonna sit here and practice long arched tunnels and brush-based dome ceilings for a few years, don't mind me.
joe_rogers_11155
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Chrille on Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:55 pm

Blink wrote:
joe_rogers_11155 wrote:i crashed a few times so far as well. for me it seems linked to flashlight usage. not sure what to make of it.

another thing I want to point out here...I think that the one thing that really sets this mod apart from its peers (apart from the NPCs) is the EPIC FUCKING BRUSHWORK. From the massive curved tunnels and gorgeously arched interiors to the hydroelectric dam and the buildings on the surface, everything is so beautiful, smooth, and perfect.

How do they do it!?!?

A once required skill before HL2 came about and everyone filled their maps with props. Makes all the difference as you've seen

I remember you making quite a point out of this on your mapping guide blog (whatever it was). Been holding on to that info ever since.
Chrille
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby MNM on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:05 pm

Crashed because it couldn't allocate 6.5gb memory :(
When in doubt, VDC.
MNM
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Epifire on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:13 pm

So I missed the Crow Bar somehow and I also some how made it screw up going down to the test chamber because the transition map did not load oddly enough.
Epifire

Postby zombie@computer on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:24 pm

Epifire wrote:So I missed the Crow Bar somehow and I also some how made it screw up going down to the test chamber because the transition map did not load oddly enough.

You get the crowbar a lot later. If you see a houndeye and you haven't got a crowbar, you missed it. :D
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Epifire on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:30 pm

zombie@computer wrote:You get the crowbar a lot later. If you see a houndeye and you haven't got a crowbar, you missed it. :D

Ty, I could have sworn the original HL 1 gave it to you right away.
Epifire

PreviousNext

Return to Site News