wolfire tech

Chat about various topics.

wolfire tech

Postby bitPanther on Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:52 pm

I was watching some videos for the upcoming game "overgrowth" when i came across a video where they demo their tools that they use to make their game content.

Map editor:

I'm really a blown away about all the technology that's going into this game, their tools feature particle editors, decal editors, animation editor, a map editor, and even more. Of course the map editor isn't as complex as Hammer, but it is significant, kind of like a beefed up version of halo's forge editor, the ability to resize, retexture, and position blocks in real time with lighting is really outstanding i think. Overgrowth will apparently be open to modders right out of the gate, and you can even get your hands on all of these tools if you have the game preordered.

All this from an indie game company? It just seems unheard of.
bitPanther
Regular
Regular

Re: wolfire tech

Postby Armageddon on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:25 pm

Those are some SUPER old videos. Watch the weekly alpha videos every Monday.
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Stormy on Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:32 pm

Been following wolfire for a while now, and modding their engine. It's a totally great engine, super easy to mod and really pretty. I even got a guest post on their blog :D http://blog.wolfire.com/2011/05/Turner-in-GMOD
Wolfire are the indie games company I want to be when I grow up. Read through some of the old blog posts, David really has a handle on what he is doing. /me loves wolfire. I should put that on a shirt
Stormy
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby nub on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:37 am

This reminded me to pre-order like I had planned to originally.

It definitely looks like a promising game. The modding tools look like lots of fun to use, and who doesn't like brutal melee combat? And they're rabbits...rabbits are awesome.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Return to General Discussion