Half-Life 2 AI gets a rogering.

Game discussion and other related chat.

Postby cb.MonK on Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:24 am

If the models were hitboxes it would be laggy as hell - it would have to calculate if the bullet went into a much more complicated object than just a box.
Anyways, funny video.
"If he can't see me I can't shoot" - combine motto
cb.MonK

Postby Emoo on Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:11 am

Well as far as i know hitboxs are damn hard to get working properly, and using a model would use a lot of resources. So were stuck
Emoo
Regular
Regular

Postby holy_cheese on Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:50 am

erm.....
i really doubt it would eat up much more resources, seeing as there is a little thing called collision detaction, the physics in the game does not interate with the hit box, it actually interacts with the model, hence the hit box should be able to be as accurate as the model is.
-teh shit
holy_cheese
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Emoo on Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:19 am

True but the collison detection isnt alwawys accurate, the hit boxs are accurate just too damn big.
Emoo
Regular
Regular

Postby jediyoshi on Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:02 am

holy_cheese wrote:it actually interacts with the model, hence the hit box should be able to be as accurate as the model is.

In that case, if someone was to run a public server, his playermodels could just be customized to a point where noone would know what's going on. Anyway, the physics models are calculated client side and in any case are a lot less complicated than player models.
jediyoshi
Regular
Regular

Previous

Return to Gaming Chat