who bought MOH Tier 1?

Game discussion and other related chat.

who bought MOH Tier 1?

Postby jister on Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:09 pm

Just curious... I'm doubting to buy for PS3 because of the code and stuff, no use waiting for a cheaper 2nd hand and if it sucks it's not possible to sell it again.
I wish the customer was as well insured for getting quality as the companies are for getting our money... :(
jister
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Re: who bought MOH Tier 1?

Postby marnamai on Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:52 pm

I bought it for pc, didn't enjoy it. It was waaay to generic for me. Selling it for 15€ (+ shipping costs)
marnamai
Veteran
Veteran

Postby jister on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:21 pm

with a working MP code?
jister
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby marnamai on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:39 pm

I assume so, haven't played it online yet. It also contains a battlefield3 beta invite.
marnamai
Veteran
Veteran

Postby marks on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:44 pm

played at eurogamer expo, wasnt impressed, didnt buy.
marks
Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly

Postby cheesemoo0 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:29 pm

I played the beta and I really didn't like it. Don't waste your money.
cheesemoo0
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Corewarp on Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:46 pm

Played the MP Beta. Was very disappointed.

Bought it and played the Single player. Much better. I liked it.
Played the MP too. It takes some getting used to, and i do admit that they could've done a better job with the spawning system. I've once too often spawned infront of an enemy. Or where an enemy sniper could see me(He shot me 5 times in a row, don't suck, i just kept spawning at the EXACT SAME LOCATION EACH TIME). But yeah, the MP is okay.
Corewarp
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Garrador on Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:16 am

aside from the SP trying desperatly to reach COD:Modern Warfare on the ladder, the SP was OK. Not great and you don't care much for the dialog like you would (I would/am) in MW, but not rubbish either. Worth a play if you'd like some war stuff. I kinda liked the MP. Havent played that much, but I liked the Beta tbh.

Certainly not the best in it's genere, but it's in the middle somewhere.

For skeptics and ultra-critiques, I wont recommend it, but for someone who just want's a couple of hours with some fun/war games and MP action, I could recommend :P
You click on Build or type
make (or some equivalent), and you are astonished, then mortified, as you realize that the whole world is being
recompiled and relinked!
- Scott Meyers
Garrador
Veteran
Veteran

Postby lorraine509 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:26 am

I started playing and completed the campaign in two sittings (which is rare for me).

The game is decent - there are no fundamental flaws - but also no reasons to play it above any shooter. I liked called in support, but it just became completely predictable and scripted repeating the same steps again and again. As I said, it's an 'okay' military shooter - but I expected more as I really liked the older Medal of Honor games, it just didn't grab me in any way.

It's not tactical or strategic, its not cinematic, its not engrossing - it's just 'okay'.
lorraine509
Just Joined
Just Joined

Postby nub on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:48 pm

I actually liked the campaign better than MW2's campaign. MW2 has more action maybe, but it was way too grandiose for my tastes. I liked MoH more because it felt like more like a realistic war. There were plenty of similarities to Call of Duty, but it had a different direction which I preferred. They did a fantastic job with Unreal Engine 3. Those sun shafts looked beautiful and the lighting alone was fantastic. There were a few blurry textures here and there, but overall it was superb. The guns look way better than CoD's guns by the way.

The dialogue is far more gritty as well, which I think is more believable. There's a lot of mindless swearing, sure, but we're talking about a band of soldiers in a war here. I think some of their reactions fit the bill pretty damn well, especially at the end. However, it's still really annoying to hear your freaking name being called out in every other line that your leader says.

I think Rabbit might be the new Ramirez.

Anyway, as for the multiplayer, it looked like a watered-down version of BC2, so I didn't even bother to try that. But there's already a beta invite for BF3? BFBC2 came out in February...that's too fucking early.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Return to Gaming Chat