Game discussion and other related chat.

Postby BaRRaKID on Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:58 am

nice especulation :o
I've no sign
BaRRaKID
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Atma_Dave on Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:41 am

I think #2 is saying that Gordon is a cold-blooded killer. Which he is. I mean, have you ever heard him express his remorse for the thousands of Combine troops that he kills?

Also, the Vorginauts(sp?) are telepathic. At the resistance camp right before you get the pheropods, two of them are having a conversation and they say something like they only speak using words to be polite to the humans around them, and if they want to talk behind your back, they talk without using words. Sounds like telepathy to me.
Frank Sinatra saved my life one time. His goons were stomping me in the parking lot of the Sands, and he said, "That's enough, boys."
Atma_Dave

Postby Ancalagon on Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:43 am

remorse for killing your enslavers?
Ancalagon
Regular
Regular

Postby wiggle987 on Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:47 am

happy reading!
And Mysteries keep unfolding

There are two places you can talk to "a" vortigaunt and find out some more of the story that is so clouded in riddles and speculation

a few of thes do talk some just give random babbel on two occasions there is more to this

1) When you get to the little revolutionist outpost during the airboat ride, where the vortigaunt equips your Guass Cannon, you can talk to the vortigaunt over and over and over again on end

2) in the sewer/Drain the gate is a bit open opposite teh ramp where you open the dam gate to go to black mesa east

It seems he has a lot to say read on and tell me what you think
read on

Vortigaunt:
"We remember the Freeman. We are coterminous.

coterminous \koh-TUR-muh-nuhs\, adjective:
1. Having the same or coincident boundaries.
2. Having the same scope, range of meaning, duration.

-There is no distance between us. NO false veil of time or space may intervene.

implying that the time "we" (gordon=us playing gordon) are experiencing is not real or maybe clouded by something/someone

-We see you still in Black Mesa. Clearly we see you in the Nihilanth's chamber.

maybe the vortigaunt have common memory, we know the experience info difrently remember the part when you meet the big antlion ?
yoy see two or three vort's talking one of them excuses him self saying the should refrain in respect for the ones who's imput are impaired !!

-We bear witness to the bright eternity of the Nihilanth's demise.
there were som of these creatures when you were fighting and jumping into the big babies head i remember hacking his brain with a crowbar ...heheheh

-You leap, you fall, we see you flash between [the captions say "beyond" , but listening to the audio you hear it say "between"] the barriers.

-For a brief time you joined us. You are one. Between the worlds.
//when you went between the worlds to xen you became one with the vortigaunts according to this
-Communion of the vortessence. And that other: a deeper mystery. No deeper than the void itself.
//i think the vortigaunts are referring the the "other" as the combine being mysterious
-We cannot forget those whose cords you cut. Fogiveness is not ours to bestow.
the realize that you HAD to do this sinnce the y were slaves in that moment and you well just did what you had to

-Unity of purpose, the shattering of common shackles, a single road we tread.
//you are similar.. in a way
-Your song we sing and shall sing for eternity. No matter the consequences of this struggle.
gordon must have done some pretty amazing stuff

-You have brought us grief and jubilation beyond measure.
//they like you, but still are a bit pissed
-We are there still, in observance of your final stroke.
//they saw you kill baby face
-While our own lay scattered at your feet, you severed the vortal cord that bound the Nihilanth to life, and to us.
//you killed alotta vortigaunts to kill their captor
-That sharp spur of hope has not dulled to this day. For once the lesser master lay defeated,
we knew the greater must also fall in time [perhaps the master Combine on the video screen Breen talks to is the "greater"?].

-With you beside us, a talisman of victory, the day of freedom draws nigh.
//well duh
-Your bright face obscures you darker mask.
//gordon is deep and twisted to the vortigaunts (obviously, anyone who check saw blades at screaming peoplle has gotta be twisted)
-We call you sib [what is that?!], although your mind and meaning are a mystery to us.

-Far distant eyes look out through yours.

-Something secret steers us both. We shall not name it. [Well, we know that Gordon won't be naming it, that's for sure!]

-We have endured the chafing bonds for eons, yet a single moment of further servitude seems intolerable.
//they would rather die than be enslaved again
-How often have we slipped our yoke, only to find it choking us again.
was there more than one occasion where these beings were "libetrated" only to find themself captive again

-Let this war end in total victory or our extinction. No further compromise shall we allow.
a final battle ?
//they would rather die than be enslaved again... again
-We take our stand beside you, here, uopn this miserable rock.
//there gonna fight for their lifes with the resistance on earth

-The way ahead is dark, for the moment.
seems like he is talking about the future but wich one does it knows more assuming you know it too ?
//eh?
-What seems to you a sacrifice is merely, to us, an oscillation. We do not fear the interval of darkness.
//there not afraid of death

-We aree a tapestry of woven vortessence. It is the same for you, if only you would see it.
//is gordon really a human or has time changed him

-How many are there in you? Whose hopes and dreams do you encompass?

-Could you but see the eyes inside your own, the minds in you mind, you would see how much we share.

-We are you Freeman, and You are us.
//another referance to being "one" with the vortigaunts
Now after this part he start to repet himself but most lines are a random pick of one of these

"We have survived worse across the ages.
-We have lost all dear to us."
-Our cause seems hopeless.
-This is more than anyone can bear, but we will persevere.
-Our life is worthless unless spent on freedom.
-We shall persist.
-Where to now? And to what end?
-Our finest poet describes it thus: Gallum galla gilla ma.

Seems ther is more of this story told than we could have guessed
MHO this gives us an unique chance to pickup some of what has transpired
since end of hl2

one of my mates came up with this a while ago
i edited all the bits that i have my opinions on with //
wiggle987
Veteran
Veteran

Postby AcX on Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:50 am

Very interesting :o
AcX
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Logo on Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:36 pm

"Your bright face obscurs your darker mask"
"We will put aside Black Mesa, for now"
"While our own lay scatter at your feet, you severed the vortal cord that bound the Nihilanth to life, and to us"
"We see you still in Black Mesa, clearly we see you in the Nihilanth's chamber"
"We cannot forget those whos cords you cut. Forgiveness is not ours to bestow"
"You have brought us grief and jubilation beyond mesaure"

All these refer to your slaughter of the Vortigaunts in HL1 which I think someone else may have mentioned.

Also we know that they can communicate over long distances telepathically or through some other means. When they talk about Nova Prospekt someone (Alyxx I think) says something along the lines of, "We gain a bit of knowledge of the layout every so often when a Vortigaunt is captured."

If this is true it may explain some of the quotes as well as how everyone 'knew' Gordon would arrive shortly. Gordon was likely between the worlds (aka the void) while between Hl1 and Hl2. This void is probably the 'channel' the Vortiguants use to communicate telepathically (they are linked to the void and have some 'mastery' of it). While Gordon was in there they were linked to him and when he woke up they knew. Also the use of this 'void' is seen through Gman as well who has a greater mastery of it and can seem to draw people into it as well as go through it at will (how he always seems to teleport ahead of you).
Logo
Regular
Regular

Postby AcX on Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:48 pm

Makes sense :)
AcX
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby SzaFtO on Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:48 pm

wow, kool! im starting up HL2 now..
Come Visit My Map Website http://www.szafto-maps.tk
SzaFtO