Globalization

Chat about serious topics and issues. Any flaming/de-railing will be deleted.

Postby 5eyes on Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:12 am

Globalization of the people, not the gov'ts, that is what we should look for.

and I'm not going to comment on the terrorism thing just because this thread is about globalization, not terrorism... don't feel like arguing about it
5eyes
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Mango on Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:21 am

Unless you want to go back to the barter system, someone is setting the 'credit of currency'.

The difference is between letting the government set the credit, or letting a private organisation set it. The business cycle is a lie. They engineered the depression of the 30's by setting the credit. It's provable, look it up. Actually, google Money Masters and then come back.

This has as much to do with globalization as it does with democracy, or islam, or christianty. People can abuse most government actions, this included.

And who do you think is pushing hardest for globalisation?

There is a difference between globalization and a central government.

Globalisation IS the movement towards centralised government. Don't get taken in by the wrapping on the can.
Mango

Postby Persol on Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:24 am

Mango, I'm not going to continue to respond to conspiracy theories. Enjoy your reality.
Persol
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Mango on Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:29 am

Yeah, I missed the gold standard bit. The finance system isn't my forte, by I know enough about the various dodges.

The plain fact is that the US economy worked at its best when it was allowed to create debt-free notes, such as Lincoln's greenbacks. History has shown what mess a privately run central bank creates. Look at how much debt the US is in, and it just keeps creating more by getting loans from the "federal" reserve. They just print that money out in sheets, it isn't based on anything. It's just more debt-based money that has cost the bankers nothing to produce. Watch Money Masters, see the argument and then come and discuss these issues.

Proven history does not lie.
Mango

Postby Mango on Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:36 am

Haha. Conspiracy theories. Ok, fair enough, you've got your opinion and I can respect that. However if you wish to look at the facts I have presented (that you so sternly believe are false), you will see that I'm proved right. History will prove me right, and it has already shown me to be right.
Mango

Postby 5eyes on Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:48 am

USA is currently in about 9 trillion dollars in (external) debt, increasing by billions a year (i think somewhere it said 500 billion -_- )

UK 7 trillion
Germany 3.6 trillion
France 2.8 trillion
Netherlands 1.6 trillion
Australia 323 billion
China 253 billion
Russia 215 billion

--World-- 37 trillion (sum of ALL countries)

...wtf? someone care to explain economics to me? USA and the UK account for 43% of the worlds debt... off topic a bit?
5eyes
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby dragonfliet on Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:49 am

Mango wrote:Yeah, I missed the gold standard bit. The finance system isn't my forte, by I know enough about the various dodges.

The plain fact is that the US economy worked at its best when it was allowed to create debt-free notes, such as Lincoln's greenbacks. History has shown what mess a privately run central bank creates. Look at how much debt the US is in, and it just keeps creating more by getting loans from the "federal" reserve. They just print that money out in sheets, it isn't based on anything. It's just more debt-based money that has cost the bankers nothing to produce. Watch Money Masters, see the argument and then come and discuss these issues.

Proven history does not lie.

You have no idea how our system works. It's not money based on nothing, it's money based on an idea. Much like the stock market doesn't weigh how much a company is worth by saying: Your building's are worth exactly this much money and you have this much money in supply therefore your comapny is worth x dollars. How would that work? A company is not just the sum of it's parts. A company has a reputation, which could sell or hurt the selling of products, it has growth, it has the amount of debt, it's history of paying debt, it has estimated sales projections it has surpassed sales projections it has failed projections. All of these form an idea that the company is worth a certain amount of money. The same thing works for how currancy is printed (well, not exactly, but it's a basic enough idea).

The depression was manufactured? I like that one. I refuse to look around for some (probably bullshit as anything) documentary that you love when it's readily apparent that you don't even know what the systems are even based on, nor do you know the history (hint, learning about a system from a movie is a baaaaaaaad idea. Read some books by people with University positions (or business experiance) and come back.)

Having debt-free notes is great, but that doesn't neccessarily mean that a gold standard must be used. In fact, there has been money printed when tehre was a gold standard that was still printed off by a government in serious debt. The debt the US is in has nothing to do with private banks and everything to do with budgets.

Back to the topic of globalization though...

~Jason

P.S. Persol, you get 10 points for using brackets to adjust a quote for relevancy outside of the original paragraph. Congratulations.
dragonfliet
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dragonfliet on Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:52 am

5eyes wrote:USA is currently in about 9 trillion dollars in (external) debt, increasing by billions a year (i think somewhere it said 500 billion -_- )

UK 7 trillion
Germany 3.6 trillion
France 2.8 trillion
Netherlands 1.6 trillion
Australia 323 billion
China 253 billion
Russia 215 billion

...wtf? someone care to explain economics to me? USA and the UK account for 43% of the worlds debt... off topic a bit?

A great deal of debt is owed to private individuals. For example, Bonds are money that the government is borrowing from you. They sell the bonds to quickly raise money and you hold it for a certain amount of time before it's "due". It then builds interest. That counts as debt that is acruing interst as time passes. The sooner the GVT recalls those bonds, the less money they are in debt. Of course, there's a whole hell of alot more debt than just government bonds, but that's an example.

~Jason

edit: sorry for the double post
dragonfliet
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Mango on Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:07 am

http://www.themoneymasters.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I49AZU4rD3s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uda5D4LXpQY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUkPhrcxyUA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SViRjyzCXIk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMpeDySYlRI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMeWS3zSgb0

There's all seven parts (not sure if they're all there, I own the documentary), anyway it's about 5 hours long. I dare you to watch it and not find the evidence compelling.

You can feel free to suggest any book titles to me.

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks...will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs. -Thomas Jefferson

History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance. -James Madison

If congress has the right under the Constitution to issue paper money, it was given them to use themselves, not to be delegated to individuals or corporations. -Andrew Jackson

The Government should create, issue, and circulate all the currency and credits needed to satisfy the spending power of the Government and the buying power of consumers. By the adoption of these principles, the taxpayers will be saved immense sums of interest. Money will cease to be master and become the servant of humanity. -Abraham Lincoln

Despite these warnings, Woodrow Wilson signed the 1913 Federal Reserve Act. A few years later he wrote: I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men. -Woodrow Wilson

History is a bitch.
Mango

Postby zombie@computer on Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:52 am

5eyes wrote:USA is currently in about 9 trillion dollars in (external) debt, increasing by billions a year (i think somewhere it said 500 billion -_- )

UK 7 trillion
Germany 3.6 trillion
France 2.8 trillion
Netherlands 1.6 trillion
Australia 323 billion
China 253 billion
Russia 215 billion

dunno where you get those figures from, but i know from atleast the Netherlands its wrong (NL=€220billion (source), not 1.6 trillion dollars (not it the least :P ). Havent looked up the other numbers

also, its stupid to look at absolute numbers, better to see them in %gdp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... ublic_debt
Last edited by zombie@computer on Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby bomba on Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:52 am

Persol wrote:Mango, I'm not going to continue to respond to conspiracy theories. Enjoy your reality.

couldnt have said it better.
bomba
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Mango on Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:42 pm

Watch the video.
Mango

Postby Dead-Inside on Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:27 pm

I think you guys are missing a really important point here; Different countries have different wills.

And people are different. It has nothing to do with color, so don't call me a racist, thanks. It's called different cultures and different cultures reside within one or several countries (Some countries having several coinciding).

If you make a world state the government would not be able to see to everyone's needs. It would also quite likely become a police state which imo isn't going to happen where I live. We don't do shit "American Style".
Dead-Inside
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Sorrow on Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:58 pm

Dead-Inside wrote:We don't do shit "American Style".

which ofcourse, is good.
People link Globalization with Americanization, which isn't far from the truth, even now American influences are becoming more and more apparent in my daily life and our culture. hmph as far as Holland has any culture anyway.
The process of globalization sees to it that in a cultural aspect, cultures get intertwined and everything/body becomes more like a uni-citizen rather than a Frenchmen or Polish guy, now you can argue that this is good or bad... but I don't know really.
err ok well I'm not entirely sure what to say :P I'll let you counter me or come up with something else
Sorrow
Veteran
Veteran

Postby 5eyes on Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:01 pm

zombie@computer wrote:dunno where you get those figures from, but i know from atleast the Netherlands its wrong (NL=€220billion (source), not 1.6 trillion dollars (not it the least :P ). Havent looked up the other numbers

also, its stupid to look at absolute numbers, better to see them in %gdp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... ublic_debt

All numbers are EXTERNAL DEBT and in USD

CIA World Factbook wrote:Netherlands
Debt - external:
$1.645 trillion (30 June 2005)
(source)(Wikipedia)(Wiki's source)

Sorrow wrote:
Dead-Inside wrote:We don't do shit "American Style".

which ofcourse, is good.
People link Globalization with Americanization, which isn't far from the truth, even now American influences are becoming more and more apparent in my daily life and our culture. hmph as far as Holland has any culture anyway.
The process of globalization sees to it that in a cultural aspect, cultures get intertwined and everything/body becomes more like a uni-citizen rather than a Frenchmen or Polish guy, now you can argue that this is good or bad... but I don't know really.
err ok well I'm not entirely sure what to say I'll let you counter me or come up with something else

The lose of other cultures a very sad thing, but Americanization has happend just about everywhere. For instance China's culture is deteriorating, maybe not due to the American culture, but it is fading. In a decade, most of the ancient Chinese buildings and ways of life will be gone (which btw if your planning to see China as it was, go now). It is important for people to unite, but people should not completely lose their identities.

In the USA noone ever forgets what state they are from, and hold their state identity alongside their American identity. Globalization doesn't neccessarily mean people will lose that part of their identity, especially in Europe and other parts of the world.
5eyes
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Discussion