Jerry Falwell is dead

Chat about serious topics and issues. Any flaming/de-railing will be deleted.

Postby Mango on Fri May 18, 2007 6:00 pm

Thank heaven for that. Maybe now they can take Robertson, O'Reilly, Coulter, Mcain, Hannity, Delay, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Ashcroft, Kissinger - oh please let him be first! - basically anyone even vaguely associated with the neo-con, PNAC, CFR, globalist crowd.

I hate all those people that're ruining everyone's lives. Goddamn motherfuckers, first up against the wall... *mutter mutter*
Mango

Postby vecima on Fri May 18, 2007 6:30 pm

I'm not glad he's dead, but i'm glad he won't be spreading his brand of christ on everyone else's toast.

Spas12 wrote:...I just really hate religion...

i don't mean to start a whole debate here, but i don't share your sentiment. to be clear, i'm NOT a religeous person, nor to i believe in god, and i belong to NO religion. specifically, i believe in nothing. i do however feel that religion affects a lot of peoples lives in a positive way. in some extreme cases it even gives some people a reason to push on, rather than giving up and going the suicide route. i DO think it's a shame that so many people let other people (like this guy) twist their faith into something it wasn't as was never meant to be.
vecima
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby Sorrow on Fri May 18, 2007 6:34 pm

W00t! deserved to die and got it!
I hope it hurt motherfucker.
Sorrow
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Mango on Sat May 19, 2007 2:40 pm

Anyone that claims to speak for imaginary super heroes in the sky needs to have a meeting arranged between the two. As soon as possible.
Mango

Postby Shr3d on Sat May 19, 2007 4:42 pm

I wonder if it's hot where he's at...
Shr3d

Postby stoopdapoop on Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:41 am

i don't mean to start a whole debate here, but i don't share your sentiment. to be clear, i'm NOT a religeous person, nor to i believe in god, and i belong to NO religion. specifically, i believe in nothing. i do however feel that religion affects a lot of peoples lives in a positive way. in some extreme cases it even gives some people a reason to push on, rather than giving up and going the suicide route. i DO think it's a shame that so many people let other people (like this guy) twist their faith into something it wasn't as was never meant to be.

I 'm in the same boat as this guy. But I feel that it does Not only give a reason to push on but often (but very clearly not always) gives someone a strong moral backing. But I think religion is a good thing overall.
I'm Brown
stoopdapoop
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Spas12 on Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:59 am

vecima wrote:I'm not glad he's dead, but i'm glad he won't be spreading his brand of christ on everyone else's toast.

Spas12 wrote:...I just really hate religion...

imo i see more evil in religion than good, more of a sinister "reason to push on" rather than something good to live and hope for. Many worldwide controversies are caused by religion(on a little or large scale). Religious prejudice is obviously caused by religion, and can result in even more hatred or fear. One of the main reasons i really do hate religion is because it is a driving factor for people to follow, and sometimes that can be used to make people do unfortunate things to each other.(e.g. Holocaust, KKK is sometimes directed toward non-christians)

I mean, if their are so many religions in the world, how do I know which one is right, or most logical? I just choose to stay away from any and all religions or beliefs since of course its not mandatory in the US. Anyway, my choice and opinion.
Past Treyarch Level Designer

Portfolio
Spas12
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Mr. Happy on Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:13 pm

Many people say they get their morals from religion. Personnaly, I get my morals from being a human being. A sentiment I hear on discussions on the radio alot is something like "without Jesus how would little Jimmy know what's right and wrong?" And I always think "by using his brain."

Religion = moral structure
Moral structure is inherent in humans, and coded in our genetics (proven)
.: Religion = unneccesary
-You've just been happified!?
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Sorrow on Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:01 pm

Since yesterday I think I've found a new religion, I AM TOUCHED BY HIS NOODLY APPENDAGE! yes, that's me on the painting (before the enlargement)

Sorrow
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Mr. Happy on Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:22 pm

Pastafarians unite!
-You've just been happified!?
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Mangopork on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:12 pm

Mr Happy wrote:He blamed 9/11 on Jews, Gays, and the ACLU

Hahahahahahahahahahah.

I had forgotten about that. Thanks for bringing that up, laughed up my day.

Wow. How times change.
Strangely Delicious.
Mangopork
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Dead-Inside on Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:55 pm

Mr Happy wrote:A sentiment I hear on discussions on the radio alot is something like "without Jesus how would little Jimmy know what's right and wrong?" And I always think "by using his brain."

That's hilarious and I wholeheartedly agree.
Dead-Inside
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Sacul15 on Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:23 am

I'd never heard of this guy, but I always enjoy hearing of religious fanatics kicking the bucket, so good riddance. Personally, my vote for next douchebag to snuff it is Jack Thompson. This dude needs to shut his damn mouth and let us gamers be.

By the way Mr. Happy, I loved you're reply about morals. Good stuff.
Sacul15
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Previous

Return to Serious Discussion