Ron Paul vs Rudy Guliani

Chat about serious topics and issues. Any flaming/de-railing will be deleted.

Ron Paul vs Rudy Guliani

Postby DocRock on Tue May 29, 2007 2:30 pm

What do you think about the exchange that Ron Paul and Rudolph Guliani had at the recent Republican debate where Ron Paul said that 911 was caused by us invading foreign countries unprovoked?

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v509605ekRep678
DocRock
Regular
Regular

Postby Sorrow on Tue May 29, 2007 2:46 pm

Well I suppose so... 911 was caused by a bunch of guys who were pretty mad at you so yeah.
dunno what kind of sneaky deals the US ever had in the middle east (besides the arms dealing, oil drills sales etc. Basically PUTTING Saddam Hussein there) but enough to get this to happen I suppose.
RP brings up a good point, "hundreds of thousands died because of sanctions, wouldn't we be angry if that happened?"

I think the US needs to do exactly that, ask itself what they'd think if all that shit happened to them.
on top of that a load of brainless, tactless soldiers are sent to Iraq that probably add to the already so very positive view on the US from Iraqi perspective.
Last edited by Sorrow on Tue May 29, 2007 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorrow
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Shr3d on Tue May 29, 2007 2:50 pm

I'm not touching USA's issues and controversies with a 50m pole...
Shr3d

Postby Sorrow on Tue May 29, 2007 2:54 pm

Shr3d wrote:I'm not touching USA's issues and controversies with a 50m pole...

probably for the best yeah.
can't control myself though :P
Sorrow
Veteran
Veteran

Postby RSX WHEEEEEE on Tue May 29, 2007 4:11 pm

don't u mean 50yd!!!???

anyway, ive heard good things about ron paul, and i like giuliani. but if i were to vote in 08 (i can't i would be 17 and 9 months), I would vote for Obama.
RSX WHEEEEEE
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Sorrow on Tue May 29, 2007 4:15 pm

I have this sad idea in my head that he's going to end up getting shot, either by your own government or some random racist.

-obama that is.
Last edited by Sorrow on Tue May 29, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorrow
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Mango on Tue May 29, 2007 4:51 pm

Ron Paul is the only GOP candidate that I would vote for. He's a decent guy, he wants to sort out the reserve system, he's against big government and believes in American sovereignty. I only wish Cynthia McKinney could run, she blows Hillary out of the water.
Mango

Postby Athlete{UK} on Tue May 29, 2007 7:51 pm

I have to say I like this guy. I dissagree with a lot of his policies and ideas but he impresses me that he's not afraid to think and make decisions rather then just go after what everyone wants to hear. I mean what he was saying about how people percieve him as unamerican because he dissagrees with popular mood and actively speaks out about it is the very thing that make him American is quite a bold and I feel true statement.

Obviously it's hard to make a full judgement on someone based on a shit bit of film and some quick reading up on the guy but he seems to be a genuinly thoughtful person.
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Mangopork on Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:01 pm

RSX WHEEEEEE wrote:don't u mean 50yd!!!???

anyway, ive heard good things about ron paul, and i like giuliani. but if i were to vote in 08 (i can't i would be 17 and 9 months), I would vote for Obama.

Obama believes in increasing the power of the federal government, he just makes it seem "nicer".
He thinks it's the government's job to help everyone, that only through the government will charity ever happen.

He's a nice guy with good ideas but his execution is just wrong. Everything he wants to do has been done before and it won't work.

Ron Paul believes in empowering individuals (i.e. YOU) to make thier own decisions in life and solve thier own problems while REMOVING any burdens that slow them down.

There's no more room for f*cking around with politics. If you want america to get better, Ron Paul is the only choice.

An american is, by definition, freedom loving.

Look at the policies of the other candidates. Do ANY of them want to increase your freedom, or do they want the government to "help" you?

Think about this very carefully....
Strangely Delicious.
Mangopork
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby dragonfliet on Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:13 pm

Mangopork wrote:There's no more room for f*cking around with politics. If you want america to get better, Ron Paul is the only choice.

Well who can argue with such an argument? The facts stated, the examples given, the sheer persuasiveness. Wow.

I'm not going to throw my hat into this argument, I just thought this was really funny.

Also:

RSX WHEEEEEE wrote:don't u mean 50yd!!!???

The yard is the stupidest measure of all time. Foot makes perfect sense, the meter is another measure that's fine (and is nicely divided into tenths but the yard, not quite a meter, not REALLY the stride of a man is just lame. Oh, wait, am I off topic?

~Jason
dragonfliet
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Mr. Happy on Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:29 pm

Kucinich is our only hope, or maybe the crazy guy from Alaska

Too bad neither of them have a chance :(
-You've just been happified!?
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Dead-Inside on Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:49 pm

I'm fairly sure you'll elect another idiot.

Only this time he'll probably target Europe and try to dictate what we should and shouldn't do.
Dead-Inside
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Mr. Happy on Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:52 pm

Very insightfull.

Where did you get our secret planz?
-You've just been happified!?
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Sorrow on Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:33 am

I just wanted to add that Juliani is a cock, and you should vote for RP.

Sorrow
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Dead-Inside on Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:36 pm

Mr Happy wrote:Very insightfull.

Where did you get our secret planz?

I stole them...

From ur BRAINZ!!!!

Frankly speaking though, your choices are slim, your population is stupid and the elections are rigged with a retarded votingsystem.

An idiot shall be selected.
Dead-Inside
Veteran
Veteran

Next

Return to Serious Discussion