Televangelist calls for WW3, Nuking Middle East

Chat about serious topics and issues. Any flaming/de-railing will be deleted.

Re: Televangelist calls for WW3, Nuking Middle East

Postby oomomo on Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:33 am

they call themselves religious yet they call for a military strike against another country

some call themselves an agnostic or atheistic yet they prefer to wait until it becomes a REAL threat and even still wouldn't immediately lobby for a military strike but instead favor some talks.

and i call for the religious hypocrite's so called god to just make true the rapture so we could live better on this world in peace
◘◘◘◘╔╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╗◘◘◘◘
oomomo
Regular
Regular

Postby ghost12332 on Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:01 am

oomomo wrote:they call themselves religious yet they call for a military strike against another country

some call themselves an agnostic or atheistic yet they prefer to wait until it becomes a REAL threat and even still wouldn't immediately lobby for a military strike but instead favor some talks.

and i call for the religious hypocrite's so called god to just make true the rapture so we could live better on this world in peace

Um, you do realize that the Karan encourages violence. While the bible doesn't, it has plenty of stories of people going into battle under gods blessing, against the "tyrants". The Torah is just a version of the old testament, which means it also has stories of violence. In fact, the only religion that doesn't advocate violencce is Buddhism I think.
Ryder: i see ghost as a evil scientest who wants to kill everyone for the good of humanity
ghost12332

Postby irt3hnubpie on Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:13 am

ghost12332 wrote: Um, you do realize that the Karan encourages violence. While the bible doesn't, it has plenty of stories of people going into battle under gods blessing, against the "tyrants". The Torah is just a version of the old testament, which means it also has stories of violence. In fact, the only religion that doesn't advocate violencce is Buddhism I think.

Kay, first of all, it's the Qur'an, second of all, give me a detailed description of exactly where and what verse it that advocates violence and don't give me some abridged horribly translated one, I mean give me the pure Arabic version. Don't say the Torah and Bible don't express violence. All three do, but none of them encourages it; unless under harsh conditions such as self defense, etc.
Starfuckers, Inc.
1447 wrote:Why would someone open fire on a random wall? Do you live in the US or something?
irt3hnubpie
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby RobQ on Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:18 am

nub wrote:I hate America's government now.

I do too. I no longer feel it represents me. I don't trust the president and his cronies, the legislature is a bunch of corrupt out-for-themselves fools who have been in office too long, and the judiciary is MIA. Who's left to blame? The voters. We suck.
Nuking is out of the question because of nuclear fallout. [...]What this nut job doesn't realize...

The nutjobs uses "nuke" because it's the big bad word that generates responses. The nutjobs are out for themselves, they pick an enemy, stir up a response, get a side to be on, then set themselves up as the king of their little collection and pilfer some money or build personal influence. It's "big fish in a little pond" but first you have to build you "pond" of followers. They don't intend to nuke anyone or do anything that would actually "resolve" the issues (even in the worst way like this) because that would end their own positions.

There is an endless stream of nutjobs. Everywhere. Everywhen. Organized religion is a frequent tool for obvious reasons.
"You can never know that this statement is true"
RobQ
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby ghost12332 on Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:57 am

irt3hnubpie wrote:
ghost12332 wrote: Um, you do realize that the Karan encourages violence. While the bible doesn't, it has plenty of stories of people going into battle under gods blessing, against the "tyrants". The Torah is just a version of the old testament, which means it also has stories of violence. In fact, the only religion that doesn't advocate violencce is Buddhism I think.

Kay, first of all, it's the Qur'an, second of all, give me a detailed description of exactly where and what verse it that advocates violence and don't give me some abridged horribly translated one, I mean give me the pure Arabic version. Don't say the Torah and Bible don't express violence. All three do, but none of them encourages it; unless under harsh conditions such as self defense, etc.

You mis understood me. I torah and bible express violence all over. I thought I stated it clearly. I personally think the qur'an encourages violence through Jihad. That is all.
Ryder: i see ghost as a evil scientest who wants to kill everyone for the good of humanity
ghost12332

Postby irt3hnubpie on Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:17 am

ghost12332 wrote:
You mis understood me. I torah and bible express violence all over. I thought I stated it clearly. I personally think the qur'an encourages violence through Jihad.

Not at all; the term "Jihad" has been subject to numerous perversions and corruptions. The true meanings of "Jihad" are;

Jihad of the heart/soul (jihad bil qalb/nafs) is an inner struggle of good against evil in the mind, through concepts such as tawhid.

Jihad by the tongue (jihad bil lisan) is a struggle of good against evil waged by writing and speech, such as in the form of dawah (proselytizing), Khutbas (sermons), etc.

Jihad by the pen and knowledge (jihad bil qalam/lim) is a struggle for good against evil through scholarly study of Islam, ijtihad (legal reasoning), and through sciences.

Jihad by the hand (jihad bil yad) refers to a struggle of good against evil waged by actions or with one's wealth, such as going on the Hajj pilgrimage (seen as the best jihad for women), taking care of elderly parents, or political activity for furthering the cause of Islam.

Jihad by the sword; which is only justified by defense of Islam and of brothers/sisters of the faith, not for personal gains.

Aswell as the true meaning of Jihad by the sword;

Islamic jurisprudence Jihad is the only form of warfare permissible under Islamic law, and may be declared against apostates, rebels, highway robbers, violent groups, non-Islamic leaders or non-Muslim combatants, but there are other ways to perform jihad as well including civil disobedience. The primary aim of jihad is not the conversion of non-Muslims to Islam by force, but rather the expansion and defense of the Islamic state.

In the classical manuals of Islamic jurisprudence, the rules associated with armed warfare are covered at great length. Such rules include not killing women, children and non-combatants, as well as not damaging cultivated or residential areas. More recently, modern Muslims have tried to re-interpret the Islamic sources, stressing that Jihad is essentially defensive warfare aimed at protecting Muslims and Islam. Although some Islamic scholars have differed on the implementation of Jihad, there is consensus amongst them that the concept of jihad will always include armed struggle against persecution and oppression.

It's actually a last resort and quite well organized, but the modern interpretations are complete blasphemy and a perversion of it, since they're using it for personal gains.
Starfuckers, Inc.
1447 wrote:Why would someone open fire on a random wall? Do you live in the US or something?
irt3hnubpie
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby ghost12332 on Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:34 am

Okay. My bad, thank you for correcting me. Hope I haven't offended you to much.
ghost12332

Postby Mr. Happy on Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:14 am

Not suprising, if you didn't already know that evangelicals, prophets, missionaries, and everyone else that tries to spread the word of their god to other people is a douchebag, then, well, ya.
-You've just been happified!?
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby oomomo on Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:16 am

ghost12332 wrote:
oomomo wrote:they call themselves religious yet they call for a military strike against another country

Um, you do realize that the Karan encourages violence. While the bible doesn't, it has plenty of stories of people going into battle under gods blessing, against the "tyrants". The Torah is just a version of the old testament, which means it also has stories of violence. In fact, the only religion that doesn't advocate violencce is Buddhism I think.

yes i do realize that(considering how some if them interpret it). even the bible has violence towards other beliefs... and i did say that in my post hehe. i just put it in the manner of showing the irony of how "god fearing men" and "god denying men" think
◘◘◘◘╔╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╦╩╗◘◘◘◘
oomomo
Regular
Regular

Postby Sacul15 on Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:02 am

Mangopork wrote:He wants the U.S. and Israel to nuke Iran and the middle east so that Jesus will come back.
How is that going to work? If I were Jesus and the Middle East was nuked I'd say "fuck that" and wait another 2,000 years.
Sacul15
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Mr. Happy on Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:44 pm

ghost12332 wrote:

Do you realize that the Quran is not equivalent to the bible? The bible and torah are written as hisotrical lessons, (which many consider to be parables) while the quran is very specifically a collection of parables?

Also, 99% of the times "muslims" go to "jihad" they are disobeying their faith, as the quran teaches that jews and christians are protected people that should not be harmed.

Also, the Bible and Torah preach violence just as much.

p.s. crusades.
-You've just been happified!?
Mr. Happy
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Dionysos on Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:11 am

irt3hnubpie wrote:

http://quran.islamicnetwork.com/quran.php?q=4

Surah 4, Verse (?) 34 wrote:"Muhsin Khan: Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend (to support them) from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient (to Allah and to their husbands), and guard in the husband's absence what Allah orders them to guard (e.g. their chastity, their husband's property, etc.). As to those women on whose part you see ill­conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful), but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance). Surely, Allah is Ever Most High, Most Great."

Surah 5, Verse 38 wrote:"Muhsin Khan: Cut off (from the wrist joint) the (right) hand of the thief, male or female, as a recompense for that which they committed, a punishment by way of example from Allah. And Allah is All­Powerful, All­Wise."

Right, I dont want to start a flamewar, but I still wanted to at least give everyone that source (link above). Its the quran on the internet, very handy when you want to check something. It does say guidelines... but then again, they pretty much apply as rules if you want to be a good muslim I guess. I realise that the bible and the Torah also contain violence, but my impression that the Quran is taking it a little further. Of course there are also verses in it talking about friendliness etc, but I still think its a little "worse" in the sense that its all spelled out in such a direct and "thus it is" way. after all, the quran also says that it doesnt contain any discrepancies or paradoxes (sp?).

*puts on a fire hazard suit*

I think dogmatism and "absolutists" should, no matter whether they are religious or not, always be viewed with suspicion. Such "hardliners" and the fact that they have so much "power" is distburbing... but I dont really know what to do about it.
The Venus Project wrote:The most valuable, untapped resource today is human ingenuity.
Dionysos

Postby Athlete{UK} on Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:58 pm

vcool wrote:
BlekksPoncho wrote:Also, I am not flaming but what do you mean they deserve to be nuked?

In addition, I hope I did not offend anyone - I am not anti-muslim. I've studied their religion, and I did not find it anywhere in Qu'ran where it says "thous must murder Jews". I do not hate muslims. I hate terrorists, and those fags who exploit Qu'ran and deliberately misinterpret it for their ideological reasons.

People do the same with the Bible and just about any holy scripture.

I know you said that was just the first thought and we all have it (honestly though I didn't) But I still don't understand wha you mean by they deserve to be nuked even if you say you push it out of your mind. For the same reason you cite that they deserve it the USA deserves to be nuked as well. (as well as Europe etc.)

The problem I see as ever is so many people hold an us and them attitude. The assumption that our world is simply better and that the middle east is a root of evil which isn't present in our own world. It's the exact same though which people like the preecher use to want to destroy the middle east entirely. It's also the exact same reason terrorists use as an excuse to destroy innocent people.

The point i'm trying to make is before peopel make a judgement about an entire world and culture because at some level they consider themselve to be higher and mighty they should take a step back to see they're at the exact same level as the people they consider beneath them.
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Postby BlekksPoncho on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:35 pm

Surah 5, Verse 38 wrote:"Muhsin Khan: Cut off (from the wrist joint) the (right) hand of the thief, male or female, as a recompense for that which they committed, a punishment by way of example from Allah. And Allah is All­Powerful, All­Wise."

Even though it is not written down in a religious book, this kind of thing happened in most "Christian" European countries in years gone by, removal of limbs, hangings, beheadings etc. Just because the Qu'ran has it written down doesn't mean it isn't what most Christians adhered to in the past.

vcool wrote:When I lived in Israel, in Netanya to be precise, there was a shooting right across my street. At a hotel we usually stopped at. I think there were 6 people shot by (I think) 4 terrorists. One managed to escape. I could hear the assault rifle shots. I thought they were firecrackers. About 30 minutes after the shooting, the skies were full of helicopter sound, as they searched the nearby park with a searchlight, accompanied by loads of plicemen with dogs.

The restaraunt of another hotel (Park Hotel) we stayed at once (the rest. was located right at the base of the building) was bombed - it was a miracle the building didn't fall to pieces.

It was a miracle that we didn't stop at any of those hotels.

After that you may want to reconsider your morals.

I don't want to reconsider my morals at all, Israel isn't a country, it does not deserve to be a country in my view, and their government and military are worse than any Muslim country's government or military. Murder, genocide, etc. you name it, Israel has done it.

When Europe marches into your territory and says "right, all the Jews will live here now, and you can live in this little section here or just leave" you are going to be pissed off. Therefore, your allies will be pissed off. Then, when this new "country" decides to kill off your people and take away your liberties and resources, you are going to get more pissed off. Then, when the countries from the west help this new "country", you are going to get pissed off at them.

The Muslims aren't the criminals here, I agree the extremists are as bad as the Christian and Jewish extremists, but no worse.
-----------------------
I'm not drunk, I always eat plastic.
BlekksPoncho
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Dionysos on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:18 pm

BlekksPoncho wrote:

Even though it is not written down in a religious book, this kind of thing happened in most "Christian" European countries in years gone by, removal of limbs, hangings, beheadings etc. Just because the Qu'ran has it written down doesn't mean it isn't what most Christians adhered to in the past.

Right, who said otherwise? I think its worth noting though that there still are countries that follow those muslim laws. Also, it literally tells muslims to act like that. Its not interpreted into some story, and if you are a muslim that wants to follow the quran... well you cant really misinterpret that verse.
The Venus Project wrote:The most valuable, untapped resource today is human ingenuity.
Dionysos

PreviousNext

Return to Serious Discussion