Green Day

Films, albums, random internet videos.

Green Day

Postby ghost|con on Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:37 am

Who here are Green Day fans? I heard they caused an uproar in USA because of their music. I love em there awesome. What are your guys views on them?
Half-Life 2
Subvertus http://subvertus.g2mods.net/
ghost|con
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby -DC- on Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:15 am

Green Day is great, especially their older albums rock. They sometimes do some wrong stuff (outfits live8 in Berlin) but what do you want, they're rockstars. I love that band. Favourite song: Welcome to Paradise :smt035
-DC-
Regular
Regular

Postby Jest@ on Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:23 pm

green day are prety good, were much better. I hate to scream "sell-out"...but covering The Clash - I Fought The Law for a Pepsi/Apple advert against music piracy that was played at the superbowl...i think the only way to sell out worse than that would be to suck Bill Gates's dick for a coupla bucks in the video.

but yeh, they're early stuff is awesome, and no-one can deny their importance (or that they're f*cking hardcore fellas, ever seen that vid of billy joel kicking a heckler's face in?)
Highlight to read:
It was earth all along
Jest@
Veteran
Veteran

Postby RSX WHEEEEEE on Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:05 pm

american idiot on up it the sucks. Longview for the win
RSX WHEEEEEE
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby dragonfliet on Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:37 pm

I like 'em. Great pop punk. As for causing an "uproar" since when did dumbass punk rockers ever really matter? Seriously. They got a few of their fans excited is all.

About the music piracy song stuff, is it wrong to want to defend your livelyhood? Is being a pop punk band (they've always been that) covering a punk band that incredibly bad? Besides, it's not exacly as if true The Clash fans admire Green Day. They're about as hardcore as Mikes Hard Lemonade. Yeah,that's a perfect analogy. Sure they're not virgin, but they're certainly nothing serious.

`Jason
dragonfliet
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Blink on Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:52 pm

The whole shirt & tie plus eye liner look is a bit ghey.
Blink
Cool 'n that
Cool 'n that

Postby Mess on Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:58 pm

they don't do much for me imo. I still find some of their songs (family reunion) funny in a childish kind of way but musically they don't offer up much. Travis Barker is an awesome drummer though, and somehow keeps finding ways to waste his talent in poor bands.
Mess
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby Jman on Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:08 am

Meh, they're the definition of emos. System of a Down is like them but less gay and a little faster beat. Plus some of their songs are just MESSED.
Jman
Veteran
Veteran

Postby dragonfliet on Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:10 am

Jman wrote:Meh, they're the definition of emos. System of a Down is like them but less gay and a little faster beat. Plus some of their songs are just MESSED.

Nothing at all like emo. Emo is Dashboard Confessional, it's Fallout Boy, and (very) arguably Weezer. Greenday is Pop Punk (like Blink 182).

System of a Down is NuMetal and nothing at all like greenday. Oh well.
dragonfliet
Veteran
Veteran

Postby ghost|con on Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:38 am

Mess wrote:they don't do much for me imo. I still find some of their songs (family reunion) funny in a childish kind of way but musically they don't offer up much. Travis Barker is an awesome drummer though, and somehow keeps finding ways to waste his talent in poor bands.

Wrong band lol, Family Reunion is by Blink 182, and so is the Drummer.
Half-Life 2
ghost|con
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Spartan on Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:47 am

Greenday is for homos. Are you a fag? Huh queer are ya? You know we don't like yer kind around here boy, you might want to get outa town queeer.
Spartan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Rocket_Robinhood on Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:12 am

green dyas old stuff is great but they sold out worse than kiss... at leats when kiss sold out they merchandised... green day changed there image so they could be popular again

Pwned - A Society of Gamers

Rocket_Robinhood
Veteran
Veteran

Postby undertone on Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:28 am

warning was the right direction. american idiot was the wrong one.
undertone
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby ghost|con on Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:18 am

Spartan wrote:Greenday is for homos. Are you a fag? Huh queer are ya? You know we don't like yer kind around here boy, you might want to get outa town queeer.

are you queer, i mean ur avatar has a topless cartoon male on it hmmm :?
Half-Life 2
ghost|con
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Psy on Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:10 am

Maybe Greenday would be good if they wrote songs which didn't consist of powerchord played in straight 8ths...
Psy
Veteran
Veteran

Next

Return to Media