The next Batman movie?

Films, albums, random internet videos.

The next Batman movie?

Postby ChopperDave on Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:17 pm

ChopperDave
Rockstar San Diego

Re: The next Batman movie?

Postby KILLA-COW on Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:35 pm

Looks like next villain will be The Riddler.
KILLA-COW
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Sacul15 on Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:09 pm

One of my friends said that they were considering Johnny Depp for the part. God, I hope not.
Sacul15
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby zombie@computer on Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:58 pm

Sacul15 wrote:One of my friends said that they were considering Johnny Depp for the part. God, I hope not.

sounds fun

gonna destroy Gotham city, batman, and you can't stop me. Savvy?
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Mess on Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:24 pm

nice photoshop job! The riddler done well would be quite cool.
Mess
Interlopers Staff
Interlopers Staff

Postby otihome2469 on Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:29 pm

Sacul15 wrote:One of my friends said that they were considering Johnny Depp for the part. God, I hope not.

whats wrong having johnny depp for the part? He's a very versatile actor and can play many unique parts so I don't get whats the problem here.

Yeah heard rumors about the riddler as well.
otihome2469
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby MrTwoVideoCards on Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:22 am

I wonder if this might be fake, which would be disappointing :(.
MrTwoVideoCards
Monothetic

Postby Sacul15 on Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:33 am

otihome2469 wrote:

whats wrong having johnny depp for the part? He's a very versatile actor and can play many unique parts so I don't get whats the problem here.

Yeah heard rumors about the riddler as well.

He is a good actor, I just think the whole wierd/quirky personality that most of his characters have won't translate well into the series. He would be good in the sense that Jim Carrey played the part for his movie well, but I don't think he would fit the dark comedic role that Ledger pulled off for the Joker. But then again, I had my doubts about Heath Ledger playing his part, so maybe it will turn out alright. I've gotta say it's a hard act to follow though.
Sacul15
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby ChopperDave on Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:20 pm

Yep, it's a fake. A damn good one though:

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=22589
ChopperDave
Rockstar San Diego

Postby no00dylan on Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:19 pm

Sacul15 wrote:I just think the whole wierd/quirky personality that most of his characters have won't translate well into the series.

Sweeny Todd, much?

Sacul15 wrote: "I don't think he would fit the dark comedic role"

..... Sweeny Todd?

Yes, I agree that Johny Depp has had some quirky parts, but his roles range from Jack Sparrow to Edward Scissorhands. He is a VERY versitile actor, but some people ignore alot of his darker roles because he is recognized more as "Jack Sparrow" then anything else.

anyways, this fake poster is sweet, I would totally believe it if it werent for that drawing of batman in the lower bottem corner, that made me lol.
no00dylan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby otihome2469 on Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:49 pm

no00dylan wrote:
Sacul15 wrote:I just think the whole wierd/quirky personality that most of his characters have won't translate well into the series.

Sweeny Todd, much?

..... Sweeny Todd?

Yes, I agree that Johny Depp has had some quirky parts, but his roles range from Jack Sparrow to Edward Scissorhands. He is a VERY versitile actor, but some people ignore alot of his darker roles because he is recognized more as "Jack Sparrow" then anything else.

anyways, this fake poster is sweet, I would totally believe it if it werent for that drawing of batman in the lower bottem corner, that made me lol.

yeah I agree Heath and Depp are both talented actors, but depp has more movies to back it up however I dont believe that depp could have passed Heath Ledgers performance as the joker cus he nailed it. Depp however would be a fine candidate for the next movie
otihome2469
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby ad_hominem on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:11 pm

We shouldn't really be looking for someone to surpass Ledger's performance, just someone who can do justice to whatever character they're given. Personally I think Depp would make a great Riddler (but then I still think Jim Carey would make the perfect riddler if provided with an actually decent script and refrained from doing his usual insanity bit - see Batman Forever and almost every other film he's done).

Shame the poster is a fake, but I think The Riddler is most likely going to be the next major villain in the films - i just hope to go they won't revive Robin...
ad_hominem
Monothetic
Monothetic

Postby no00dylan on Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:22 pm

otihome2469 wrote:
no00dylan wrote:

Sweeny Todd, much?

..... Sweeny Todd?

yeah I agree Heath and Depp are both talented actors, but depp has more movies to back it up however I dont believe that depp could have passed Heath Ledgers performance as the joker cus he nailed it. Depp however would be a fine candidate for the next movie

Oh, i thought you guys were talking about Joker for the role of Riddler, srry, i messed up there, do you guys think he would make a good riddler? I mean, jim carry laughed so much when he did the role he might as well had been the joker. I would like to see a very clever riddler, and I think Depp is the man for the part.
no00dylan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby nub on Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:19 pm

Jim Carrey as The Riddler would be awesome. Jim Carrey can do the dramatic work too, like in Number 23 or whatever it was. I don't know if that act would qualify him as good in your minds but I thought he did great.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby no00dylan on Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:55 pm

nub wrote:Jim Carrey as The Riddler would be awesome. Jim Carrey can do the dramatic work too, like in Number 23 or whatever it was. I don't know if that act would qualify him as good in your minds but I thought he did great.

23 was alright, He was pretty good, but he wasn't playing a clever evil guy, he was playing a regular (at the end confused) Joe. I really didn't like Jim Carry as the riddler, he wasn't clever, he just acted like his other roles The Mask guy = Ace Ventura = The Riddler. if they all looked the same you wouldn't be able to tell who he was playing through his acting.
no00dylan
Veteran
Veteran

Next

Return to Media