Source SDK car crash

Films, albums, random internet videos.

Source SDK car crash

Postby Jangalomph on Sun May 17, 2009 10:12 pm

I was bored.. so i whipped up a car crash. :wink:

Quality is bleh. If any one knows how to record HQ videos with source recorder/ recording demos. please fill me in..

http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Re: Source SDK car crash

Postby dissonance on Sun May 17, 2009 10:23 pm

BOOSH
i had fun once, and it was awful.
dissonance
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Spas12 on Sun May 17, 2009 10:25 pm

It looks as if the car teleported from the road to the other car, unless it was the poor fps rate. also, yellow smoke?
Past Treyarch Level Designer

Portfolio
Spas12
Veteran
Veteran

Postby srredfire on Sun May 17, 2009 10:29 pm

It's a good start, but I'm sure you know as from what you can see it's way too jarred, the car vanishes too early, the fact there is yellow smoke is like, wat.

Like I said, good start, but meh.

A good experiment IMO would be, as you know in Source you can make models that are used as tracks and such, like for cameras, as seen in the end of Portal, Zeno Clash, etc. I wonder if you can parent objects like, a car, to a track like that on a model. you could import the vmf as a DXF or whatever into max/maya, make the "track" and then compile it and see if you can parent the car to it. If you could, then you could have a much more complex track and it'd look a lot more realistic.

Otherwise, you need more path tracks, or use the setting where it doesn't snap to the direction.
srredfire
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jangalomph on Sun May 17, 2009 10:31 pm

Spas12 wrote:It looks as if the car teleported from the road to the other car, unless it was the poor fps rate. also, yellow smoke?

actually its an explosion sprite. not really smoke.. but i need to finish my particle effects for it. :P
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby goldendeed on Mon May 18, 2009 1:53 am

like others have said, it is sort of choppy and it seems like it teleports from the road to the car near the end.
Here is a recommendation:
instead of path tracks, use a thruster, it may seem like a weird idea, but i've tested it before and it works very well. just experiment with it and you'll get the right outcome. then just make a trigger_once, ontrigger (by the car), do whatever. its also much smoother

get closer next time xS
goldendeed
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Ennui on Tue May 19, 2009 1:36 am

jangalomph wrote:I was bored.. so i whipped up a car crash. :wink:

Quality is bleh. If any one knows how to record HQ videos with source recorder/ recording demos. please fill me in..

record a demo with a forced framerate of 30fps on max settings, export the demo to RAD video tools and change it into an avi, and then voila (although you'll probably want to compress the resultant avi as it will be very huge in filesize).
Ennui
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Jangalomph on Tue May 19, 2009 8:17 pm

I force it to 30, and save it as an AVI. but.. I use virtual dub. And i don't have a demo file. It gives me TGA files. Thousands of them.
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby xoqolatl on Tue May 19, 2009 10:03 pm

Why not use Fraps?
xoqolatl
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Jangalomph on Fri May 22, 2009 1:05 am

I always heard it lagged.
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Return to Media