Chemical Factory

Films, albums, random internet videos.

Re: Chemical Factory

Postby nub on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:11 am

Fruity Loops is all I will probably ever use. I'm trying to work on getting new libraries, specifically cinematic stuff like epic symphonies.

I wish I found a random copy of Symphobia...instead of paying $1300 for it. It sounds fucking amazing though.

Anyway, there's so many genres of Electronica that you'd cry. Think of Electronica as the star of a Christmas tree, and we're working our way down here. Techno is like right below Electronica, along with a lot of other sub-genres, INCLUDING Electronica itself. Those sub-genres have their own sub-genres. Electronica consists of progressive and symphonic. Techno consists of Detroit, Acid, Gabber, Old School/Rave, Happy, Hardcore, Intelligent, and Minimal; one of the biggest sub-genres. Then you have Trance, which is almost ALWAYS confused with Techno (as is just about every other sub-genre). Trance consists of psytrance, progressive, ambient, hard, melodic and GOA. Some of these sub-sub-genres may have minimal differences, but they have different styles; Psytrance can almost be considered a genre in its own.

I could literally just fucking own this thread with a massive post discussing it all, but there'd be no reason to do so.

If you branch off with your genres, you'll find endless boundaries to making Electronica. It takes a lot of work though, like creating completely new patches and synths. That's in fact where a lot of time is invested when making a song.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby mky on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:58 am

^^^I disagree you might be confusing electronica with electronic music.
mky
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby nub on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:19 am

Ok yeah that's true. I meant to say Electronic.

Fail.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby mky on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:47 am

No worries :)

Under electronic music as main genres i would put trance, techno and house, and dnb, with their little subgenres.
mky
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby nub on Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:40 pm

You forgot down tempo. D:
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Major Banter on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:15 pm

For some reason I clicked on this expecting a remake of the TS1 level that goes by the same name.

Random.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Previous

Return to Media