TRANSFORMERS

Films, albums, random internet videos.

Re: TRANSFORMERS

Postby nub on Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:21 am

There was more adult-oriented dialogue and themes in the 2nd one, I can assure you.

Lots of shits and asses and damns. The only cheesy dialogue parts are when one of the characters says the letter "F" in place of "fuck." It would have been better if they made it to where he stalls himself from saying the actual word, rather than the first letter of it. The two "ghetto" twin autobots had some edgy dialogue, with the use of pussy and the n-word (I'm pretty sure I heard it a couple of times from them). But overall it wasn't as "pg-safe" as you mentioned about the first one. And yes, there's still the teen love sub-plot crap going on, but I guess they just have to have it for whatever reason. It's a lot more mushy and dramatic in the new movie too, so that's probably an even bigger put-off for you.

I guess we should all just agree on the fact that these three aspects are the only things worthwhile in the movie:

Amazing CG work

Great action scenes

Megan Fox

PS: Shia LaBeouf? I don't hate him but I think he's just another one of those young "rising actors." He's not really that bad at what he does, and he seems unique compared to the usual young actors out there. His usual character personality is different from pretty much anything I've seen, but do note I don't watch a crap load of movies and I'm not really very knowledgeable about famous actors.
nub
Veteran
Veteran

Postby FlynT on Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:28 am

nub wrote:There was more adult-oriented dialogue and themes in the 2nd one, I can assure you.

Lots of shits and asses and damns. The only cheesy dialogue parts are when one of the characters says the letter "F" in place of "fuck." It would have been better if they made it to where he stalls himself from saying the actual word, rather than the first letter of it. The two "ghetto" twin autobots had some edgy dialogue, with the use of pussy and the n-word (I'm pretty sure I heard it a couple of times from them). But overall it wasn't as "pg-safe" as you mentioned about the first one. And yes, there's still the teen love sub-plot crap going on, but I guess they just have to have it for whatever reason. It's a lot more mushy and dramatic in the new movie too, so that's probably an even bigger put-off for you.

I guess we should all just agree on the fact that these three aspects are the only things worthwhile in the movie:

Amazing CG work

Great action scenes

Megan Fox

PS: Shia LaBeouf? I don't hate him but I think he's just another one of those young "rising actors." He's not really that bad at what he does, and he seems unique compared to the usual young actors out there. His usual character personality is different from pretty much anything I've seen, but do note I don't watch a crap load of movies and I'm not really very knowledgeable about famous actors.

!Signed
*Ahhrr, my Nipples they Hurt, they Hurt when i twist them*
FlynT
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Bema on Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:30 pm

So I watched it...and wasn't wowed. The CGI was great, but then what were people expecting? It's big robots shooting each other. That's where the budget went (because it clearly wasn't on the script).

All things considered - it was a bit "meh".
Bema
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Major Banter on Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:39 pm

Megan Fox can't act for shit.

Nice arse though.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Zipfinator on Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:46 pm

I love how whenever Megan Fox was running it went into Slow Mo shots...

The plot didn't make any sense and changed halfway through the movie, but the CGI was good. It was way too long though...
|Pipe Dream|City 17: Episode 1|
Zipfinator
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Elv02 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:43 am

Explosion. Slowmotion. Another Explosion. More Explosions. Confusing and corny plot point interupted by and explosion. More explosions. Fight scene that includes explosions. Corny Ending
Highlight to read:
You will be a great leader Sam Whitwickey, you are equal to us.

Good CG, horrible Plot.
"Hello, again, and welcome to the Interlopers Enrichment Center. Your account has been proccesed. Please proceed into 'section name, here' and we will start the test...
Elv02
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Nixt on Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:52 am

There, like every other movie like this - there is only one thing to say :

OH MY GOD EXPLOSIONS EVERYWHERE HOW DO THEY DO THIS OH WOW BANG BOOM HAHA NICE TITS LADY MORE EXPLOSIONS YES!!!!!!!!!!
Nixt
Regular
Regular

Postby Dr. Delta on Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:52 am

transformers 2 = crysis
Graphics = more
Storyline = less

fun to see/play, but not emersive enough, the storyline wasn't good enough, saw it with a girlfriend of mine and we had fun/it was ok, but i've seen better movies.

I got the 720p version of Coraline. I expect a better story from that one. :)
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Chipmunk on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:32 am

What were people expecting, it's transformers...
I don't want no intellectual storyline interrupting my Robot Fights.

@Delta_nl Coraline is really good. :)
Chipmunk
Regular
Regular

Postby 3dfan on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:51 am

Megan is an average actress but her beauty makes her popular and consequently Transformers also became popular partly because of her appearance )
play the best free mobile games )
3dfan
Dumpling
Dumpling

Postby Dr. Delta on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:23 pm

3dfan wrote:Megan is an average actress but her beauty makes her popular and consequently Transformers also became popular partly because of her appearance )

Sex sells.
Dr. Delta
Veteran
Veteran

Previous

Return to Media