Is this video HD qualtity to you?

Films, albums, random internet videos.

Re: Is this video HD qualtity to you?

Postby whiffen on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:34 am

I use virtualdub to compress my AVI files. The LAME audio codec and a MPEG4 codec for compression works wonders.
whiffen
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby trcc on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:58 am

whiffen wrote:I use virtualdub to compress my AVI files. The LAME audio codec and a MPEG4 codec for compression works wonders.

Link of one uploaded video to see quality?

I read that mp4 with two-pass has issues and crashes most of the time. I'm trying two-pass with wmv.. Hope its good too.
trcc
Pheropod
Pheropod

Postby Vicpop on Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:36 pm

When I capture from Source, I use Source Recorder. I tend to have problems with skipped frames when I use FRAPS, and there's very little control over how audio is captured. With Source Recorder, I first record a demo because the 'startmovie' process tends to get really bogged down. Source Recorder (by default) outputs each individual frame as TGA, and the audio as raw WAV. I put the individual frames into VirtualDub and add the WAV audio, then set the framerate, and finally export as AVI with no compression. I edit the raw video in Vegas (sometimes), export to (again) raw AVI, then encode using 10000kBps 2-pass x264 along with 192kBps AAC (VBR) in MeGUI. I use MKV as the container format.

here's an example of a 1280x720 (not displayed as, though) video on youtube.
the video I uploaded was literally 10.1MB. yes, it's only 32 seconds, but at 1280x720...
furthermore, the raw video was around 2.2GB. %0.0045 compression ratio.
Vicpop
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby trcc on Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:53 pm

I'm usually encoding VBR 70000kbps max - 4000kbps average 1-pass x264 but its not as good as youres. A 10:15 video --> 300 megs (1280x720)

Whats the utility of a second encode 192kbps aac (vbr) megui thing, is this the audio? And what are the benefits of MKV format? I though youtube recommended mp4
trcc
Pheropod
Pheropod

Previous

Return to Media