Hello!!Glad I am here,please read :)

New to the community? Give us a big wave.

Hello!!Glad I am here,please read :)

Postby xQdcss on Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi my name is Traian and I have many reasons/explanations why I joined this forum
Most of them are the questions about modding the famous source engine and maybe some questions about hammer,fortunately I know how to do work in hammer but I really,I mean really really,need to learn using the Create a mod tool from source sdk.I am working now on a nightmare house themed map...but,from what I did in this map I'm working,I realised that I need to make a mod from all of this...Why?Because the headcrab zombies aren't in the same universe as my future mod...so first I will need to learn how to remove headcrabs from the game and other tweaks.
But before I go ask those questions on other threads is this forum active?Are experienced coders/modders/mappers out here but active?I'm really ambitious in started modding and I chose this forum for help because I've been redirected a lot of times here by asking questions about hammer in google search...so yeah I've explained why I'm here and now...can someone give me a thread about modding half life 2?
xQdcss
Dumpling
Dumpling

Re: Hello!!Glad I am here,please read :)

Postby BubbleQ on Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:11 pm

Why would you remove our precious little headcrab? :(

Nah kidding, of course this forum is still active. Though I belive the christmas rush and all that's been going on latley has made it not so superactive as we can ses sometimes^^ Also many residents has lately been kidnapped by udk, ough!

About modding half-life 2 there should be plenty of resources to get in the tutorail section, belive me, just take your time and you will see. But I can agree that it is hard to get going with the sdk as the state is of it now, it is crap! That is why someguy made some very good start of mod, witch of course I have forgott but hopefully someone after me can link it? :smt023

Though as you seem new to this hooby, maybe you should not rush into coding the hell out of source straight away. How much do you know about entitys really? More than info_player_spawn and some lights... What I meen is that there is a bunch of small cool things you can do without writing new code^^ Hammer is very powerfull when it comes to I/O imo.

So, welcome Traian!
---------------------------------
I am a happy mapper!
Archlinux
BubbleQ
1337 p0st3r
1337 p0st3r

Postby MayheM on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:13 pm

Honestly I have not mapped in six months but still come on the forums to either try and help people or read the front page threads. The easiest way to get help is so have specific problems which you are trying to solve. Posting a thread about it and getting replies. I find this community to be the most helpful by far so there is a lot to learn. But you can also check out the tutorials area to get help with some stuff that has already been talked about. Anyway, welcome to the site...
MayheM
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MaK on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:18 am

Hello there!

For the removing the headcrabs off the zombies that would require some coding, maybe you have already seen it but it's right here: HL2_snippets#Remove_Head_Crab
MaK

Postby VIOLATION on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:22 am

Welcome.
VIOLATION

Postby Jangalomph on Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:20 am

Yo yo yo
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Return to Introduction Time