Custom hud question

Grab your favourite IDE and tinker with the innards of game engines

Custom hud question

Postby sacrifist on Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:58 am

I was wondering if anyone on here could point me in the right direction. Im doing some hud work and cannot figure out how this is being accomplished. This screenshot is in hl2dm, so Im assuming I can accomplish getting them added without any extra code work. Basically, Id like to know how he has placed icons where the "health", "ammo", "sprint", and "suit" text used to be. I know how to remove the text, but dont now how to add the icons in it's place. From what I have gathered, the icons are in a font file, but I dont understand how he is calling the particular images in the font file and what res or script files it is in.
sacrifist

Re: Custom hud question

Postby Armageddon on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:27 am

You just draw an image over the letter and have the hud display the font (or just edit the original). The sprinting in that picture is from SMOD the rest is just a custom font, like the star could be the letter p, you don't have to draw letters inside a font. I don't know any good font editors though that are free.
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby sacrifist on Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:04 am

Figured it was something fairly easy that I just wasnt putting together. Thanks man.
sacrifist

Postby Armageddon on Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:12 am

Also those icons are really cool, like duke nukem style or something.
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Return to Programming