[L4D2 - Campaign] Suicide Blitz 2

Show off your finished maps, models and other creations. Screen shots are a must!

Re: [L4D2 - Campaign] Suicide Blitz 2

Postby Jangalomph on Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:59 pm

I'll get some people together and play this eventually, Looks wonderful from the screenshots, and its tempting since others said its great.
http://www.nomoreroominhell.com
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby TheDanishMaster on Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:54 pm

I LOVE THIS CAMPAIGN!! :[]: And the finale, well I don't wanna spoil something, but WOW, that was nicely done :smt023
Specs:
MSI P67A-GD55, Intel Core i7 Sandy Bridge 2600k @ 3,4GHz, Corsair 8GB DDR3 1333MHz, 1TB HDD, NVidia GTX580 1,5GB GDDR5, Blu-Ray drive
TheDanishMaster
Been Here A While
Been Here A While

Postby Jangalomph on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:03 pm

Amazing campaign!
I don’t know whether I was right or wrong, I guess I’ll never know… But I made it. And I guess I should be thankful for that. - Strelok
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby Jangalomph on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:09 pm

Alright, finally got to the easter egg and...

Problem/bug/spoilder
Highlight to read:
The Cube launcher that launches the cube... did not launch the cube, it just went straight through it, we tried it 5 or so times.. and it wouldn't work. We put the tanks in the hydralic thing, and it just would not shoot the cube..so we never got to finish the portal stuff.
Jangalomph
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby serpent on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:11 pm

By any chance could you share the model source for the foam hand?

I understand how to get the scripting side of things working and i know how to model new weapons but setting it up to make it "game ready" is a challenge for me
serpent

Postby tsr2 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:11 am

Hey guys -- sorry for the hiatus on responses. I appreciate all the comments! There have been a few questions concerning the foam finger, will post here when I have a thorough writeup on how it is done. It is a multi-staged process and would hate to leave it undone, so will post it all when it becomes available (tutorial is coming soon)

Thanks again guys - and the bugs concerning the Easter egg have been fixed and will go live in version 4, sometime soon depending on when I can get a hold of Valve in regards to the Dedicated server update.

@n00d - if you are still experiencing crashes between levels try to either lower the texture detail, the paged pool memory, or both.
tsr2

Postby PuLSaR on Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:36 pm

awesome campaign, but the final map crashes the game when i try to load it or progress to it. (version 4)
PuLSaR

Postby inigomontoya on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:24 pm

Apologies for the bump but I figured it would be worth noting that the crash on the last map was caused by a sound cache overflow due to the custom sounds in the last map exceeding cache limits. This has been fixed completely by one of Valve's latest patches to the game. This campaign now works 100% on local and dedicated servers.
inigomontoya

Previous

Return to Showcase