Build bug HL2 Multiplayer mod

Got problems with your models? Struggling with textures? Get help with your custom assets.

Build bug HL2 Multiplayer mod

Postby v1ruZ on Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:34 pm

Hey :)
I'm trying to add ironsights to my mod, but when I build it I get this error:

3> baseviewmodel_shared.cpp
3>..\shared\baseviewmodel_shared.cpp(16): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'c_hl2mp_player.h': No such file or directory
whats wrong? :P The file c_hl2mp_player.h excists, and it is included right. Maybe its not in the right folder?
v1ruZ

Re: Build bug HL2 Multiplayer mod

Postby zombie@computer on Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:45 pm

c_hl2mp_player.h is a client header, including it in a shared cpp file is usually bad because the server won't be able to include it (even if it could find the file, the classes in that header aren't defined anywhere). Either include the file and its server counterpart using a preprocessor directive or include a hl2mp_player_shared.h or something. I dont know which files you should include tho, i don't have the mp source.
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby v1ruZ on Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:55 pm

zombie@computer wrote:c_hl2mp_player.h is a client header, including it in a shared cpp file is usually bad because the server won't be able to include it (even if it could find the file, the classes in that header aren't defined anywhere). Either include the file and its server counterpart using a preprocessor directive or include a hl2mp_player_shared.h or something. I dont know which files you should include tho, i don't have the mp source.

Then I get

>..\shared\baseviewmodel_shared.cpp(16): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'hl2mp_player_shared.h': No such file or directory

:|
v1ruZ

Postby zombie@computer on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:16 pm

Like i said, i dont know what the *_shared.h filename is (or if it even exists), youll have to search for one in the solution. if you cant find one, include both the client and server versions of the header files, but use preprocessor directives to exclude the server header for the client solution and vice-versa.
When you are up to your neck in shit, keep your head up high
zombie@computer
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Return to Custom Asset Help