Station Unrest needs a team...

Discuss modifications and also recruit team members.

Station Unrest needs a team...

Postby Ennui on Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:36 pm

Station Unrest is a multiplayer modification that takes place on a space station that is home to the last remnants of humanity in the year 2587. Choose one of three factions (though only two on each map), each with its own unique weapons and abilities, and battle for supremacy, survival, and control of the space station.

Features of the Mod Include:
- Several vehicles, from unarmored maintenance trolleys to improvised mobile battle transports
- Three factions, each with unique weapons and special abilities
- Dozens of weapons, including a railgun, sentry turrets, mines, and more
- Novel teammate-based spawning system
- Well-designed, large levels

Station Unrest is a brand new mod, recently conceptualized and still in design stages. Therefore, we need every type of team member for this mostly-conversion modification (we will be using some HL2 textures, but that's it). We are looking for talented, experienced modders - if you're a beginner, you will probably not be hired unless you have some good examples of your work.

Since this is primarily a mapping site, I'm only asking for mappers here - but if you have other skills and you would like to apply there too, then that's fine. No novice mappers, please - this is a project for intermediate and advanced mappers. We need several mappers, so if you think you've got what it takes (read: you know how to use hammer well) then please apply!

Working on this mod will be both professional and fun. I have modding experience with several mods over multiple games, including Half-Life 2 and Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War. I'm knowledgable about modding and game development and I'm very capable of leading a mod team. To apply, fill out the following information and then email it to me, ennuinin@gmail.com - but also post in this topic to give me a heads up. You can also get in touch with me over MSN (chris@taintedasylum.net) or AIM (guevesaui).

Online Name:
MSN:
AIM:
Position to Apply For:
Examples of Previous Work:
Why You Want to Work on Station Unrest:

I'd also enjoy critiques, comments, suggestions... whatever you please. Head over to the temporary website for more information on Station Unrest: http://taintedasylum.net/stationunrest (note that the forums aren't up yet, but that will be done quite soon).

And yes, Wiggle, I'll keep working hard on City13 as well :wink:
Ennui
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Spartan on Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:38 pm

I read the story and unfortunatly its not very original. There are a lot, and I mean a lot of future space mods coming out on Half Life 2. I recommend either you go with a different theme or change your story completely.
Spartan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Ennui on Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:46 pm

story's just filler, it has very little to do with the gameplay except for setting (as it's a multiplayer mod). The story will most likely evolve eventually but I'm focused on gameplay rather than story.
Ennui
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Grizzly on Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:33 pm

just beacouse there are other dossent mean theirs will be bad
can we see some sexy concept art? :D
Mapping for Empiresmod
Grizzly

Postby Spartan on Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:20 am

Give me some ideas for your mod and I might be able to do a little concept art for your mod. I won't be on your team but I'll give you something to start with. It should help people get a little more interested. I would work on your story if I were you though.
Spartan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Jest@ on Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:21 am

Spartan 34 wrote:Give me some ideas for your mod and I might be able to do a little concept art for your mod. I won't be on your team but I'll give you something to start with. It should help people get a little more interested. I would work on your story if I were you though.

Same. And same. Oh, and...Same.
Highlight to read:
It was earth all along
Jest@
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Spartan on Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:24 am

Same. And same. Oh, and...Same.

Do what?
Spartan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Athlete{UK} on Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:18 pm

I would join as a modeler but at the moment 3ds max is kaput so i wouldnt be able to do any thing.
Athlete{UK}
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Cyberblast on Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:18 pm

The site is not even working..
But as I am prolly a b00n mapper it doesn't matter that much =P
Cyberblast
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Ennui on Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:05 am

there's a newer site with a much sexier layout now, same address ( that's http://www.taintedasylum.net/stationunrest ) and also with forums.

I went back through the story and redid it, it's still fairly generic but less so than the last one (no nuclear apocalypse this time :D ).

Spartan, do you do organic concept art or mechanical? If you do mechanical, then I was thinking of either an exterior shot of the station (which I'll describe if you want to do that) or an interior shot.

If you do organic, then I can tell you about what I was thinking of the faction soldiers to look like.

New site intro: (it's on the front page, but I'll drop it here too)
the website wrote:It is the year 2597, and Earth is dead, a barren wasteland of death and entropy, scarred by war, disease, and pollution. The surface is uninhabitable, populated by a devolved, feral race of savage creatures that can hardly be called human. The ten million surviving civilized humans have left the surface, perhaps forever, to live in a self-sustaining space station, fittingly called Hope. Two major factions among the people have risen, and over a hundred years, tension between them built up, finally breaking out into open hostility. Now, blood stains the walls of Hope, and the entire station is embroiled in the battle for supremacy and control. Each team has unique weapons, abilities, and classes; which faction will you side with in this multiplayer Half-Life 2 modification?
Ennui
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby Cyberblast on Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:42 am

Ennui wrote:there's a newer site with a much sexier layout now, same address ( that's http://www.taintedasylum.net/stationunrest ) and also with forums.

I went back through the story and redid it, it's still fairly generic but less so than the last one (no nuclear apocalypse this time :D ).

Spartan, do you do organic concept art or mechanical? If you do mechanical, then I was thinking of either an exterior shot of the station (which I'll describe if you want to do that) or an interior shot.

If you do organic, then I can tell you about what I was thinking of the faction soldiers to look like.

New site intro: (it's on the front page, but I'll drop it here too)
the website wrote:It is the year 2597, and Earth is dead, a barren wasteland of death and entropy, scarred by war, disease, and pollution. The surface is uninhabitable, populated by a devolved, feral race of savage creatures that can hardly be called human. The ten million surviving civilized humans have left the surface, perhaps forever, to live in a self-sustaining space station, fittingly called Hope. Two major factions among the people have risen, and over a hundred years, tension between them built up, finally breaking out into open hostility. Now, blood stains the walls of Hope, and the entire station is embroiled in the battle for supremacy and control. Each team has unique weapons, abilities, and classes; which faction will you side with in this multiplayer Half-Life 2 modification?

that's not a story, that's just the future ;)
Cyberblast
Sir Post-a-lot
Sir Post-a-lot

Postby Ennui on Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:43 am

hehe, yep, figured it would happen sooner or later so I decided to make it the premise!
Ennui
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby wiggle987 on Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:52 am

And yes, Wiggle, I'll keep working hard on City13 as well

question is... will i? :shock:
wiggle987
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Spartan on Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:55 am

Both. I'll see what I can come up with this weekend. Nothing in color though.
Spartan
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Ennui on Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:57 am

wiggle987 wrote:
And yes, Wiggle, I'll keep working hard on City13 as well

question is... will i? :shock:

whatcha mean?
Ennui
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Return to Mod Talk