COOKIE MOD.

Discuss modifications and also recruit team members.

Re: COOKIE MOD.

Postby coder0xff on Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:26 am

I don't really see the point in waiting. Just makes more work to collect it all together once it's up. It's up to the man in charge ultimately.
coder0xff
Veteran
Veteran

Postby jgoodroad on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:48 am

WHAT IS THIS!?
how did I miss this epicness?
I just waded through 56 full pages of modding gold and all I can say is...

sweeet
===[]"

current projects: nmo_boardwalk, nmo_asylum
jgoodroad

Postby Dionysos on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:30 pm

Open source would be great, there are too few mods that do it.
The Venus Project wrote:The most valuable, untapped resource today is human ingenuity.
Dionysos

Postby Spike on Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:18 pm

McMuff is dead
Spike
May Contain Skills
May Contain Skills

Postby KILLA-COW on Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:33 pm

We don't want to pay for stuff! People can just upload stuff as they go.
As for people who are saying they want to make something then go ahead! make whatever you want.

Basially this is how I invisage the levels going, don't read it if you don't want to know!

Highlight to read:
1: Starts with a bus ride you're in the bus a bit like the train at the start of HL2 (I was thinking of some sort of ipod thing so it makes sense that you're listening to the theme and then the credits will be worked in as adverts etc.) If someone could work out a way to make that bus journey that'd be good, a bus model would be awesome too if someone whats something big and meaty to take on, you get off and it's made clear that you need to go to your room which is clives apartment then he finds his flower missing etc etc then you go to your friends shop and I think he gives you some info about how you're flower has gone missing etc and I think this is where the world starts going crazy (because he's losing it) and like your friend in the shop is the victorian velociraptor etc.

I was thinking of this too, all your friends who turn into things (the velociraptor for example) are the guys you help out during the levels, so you help the velociraptor in the victorian level.

2. I think this should be the victorian level so after you go mental in the shop it all changes into the victorian town (you've seen the building right?) and your velociraptor friend is there and he is like I saw a victorian cookie with a top hat and a monocle escape to the church! I dunno the towns people are all getting their shit stolen by the cookies and you have to rid the town of the cookies and the giant cookie is in the church in the centre I dunno suggestions about the ins and outs of it should be suggested -- any better ideas for why you're in a victorian town? at the end you collect something I don't know what maybe the monocle, basically i think at the end of every level you should collect something from the cookie boss of the level and then you use them in the fight at the end.

3. Then you find yourself back in the town and you have to visit your next friend who is a gardener or something in allotments, he turns into a 1 legged carrot and you are transported in the cartoony world (you know the one right? the picture with the trees) and something happens in this level - SUGGESTIONS for a main aim?

4. You go back and speak to your next friend, who turns into the thing from Ad_Hominem's avatar and then you get transported into the paper level! I think I had idea for what happened there but can't remember what, I think it should end in an underground facility though.

5. You go back and speak to another friend who turns into something (GET CREATIVE LADS) and then you go to the level that we're going to make out of all the odds and ends of peoples maps that they half finish or haven't finished, don't know what the aim of the level will be, something with a giant shortbread though probably.

6. You go back and you go to see your friend your BEST FRIEND! guess what he turns into? you know? YOU SHOULD! BECAUSE IT'S GIRAFFE MCMUFF, you both end up at cookie island, the final island and you battle all manner of cookies and sweet things until you get to the giant muffin and you use the 4 things you've collected from each level for some reason and at the end you get reunited with your chrysanthemum and then it ends with clive walking into the sunset and he does that jump and heel kick thing.
KILLA-COW
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Armageddon on Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:21 pm

I think the 5th levels friend should be that zebra chicken thing.
Armageddon
Forum Goer Elite™
Forum Goer Elite™

Postby jgoodroad on Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:39 pm

the story is so moving...
I think I have an old unfinished map I can contribute... I just need to fix it up a bit. I'll send you the vmf
===[]"

jgoodroad

Postby unnamed on Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:09 pm

I think it would be funny if it began with Clive saying a overly dramatic (and of course cheesy) monologue while he's working in a cookie factory, then he gets on the bus and it plays the main theme and has the opening credits.

Also, since I can't get Steam to work I think I'll make some really stupid music instead.
unnamed
Regular
Regular

Postby Major Banter on Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:13 pm

The bus journey would be very easy to do, assuming you had the right models and music.

I can help with basic non-C++ code and texture work, skins and basically making maps. As shite as you like.

Remember! The velociraptor does NOT look like this.
http://www.fallingpixel.com/products/10627/mains/000-3d-model-raptor_perspective.jpg

More like this. Shitty. WITH A HAT.
http://www.funkylydia.com/tombraider/images/tr3/enemies/raptor3.jpg

Seriously, need modellers at any skill level. That's what made the early stuff so funny; kids ripping it out of the Box-RPG and calling Stoop a noob. It was legendary.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Postby jgoodroad on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:04 pm

ha... my computer said it would not let me click the link because my computer can't accept the cookies...
===[]"

jgoodroad

Postby unnamed on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:08 pm

jgoodroad wrote:ha... my computer said it would not let me click the link because my computer can't accept the cookies...

Mine too.
unnamed
Regular
Regular

Postby ad_hominem on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:09 pm

For those people who want a quick overview of the mod: LINK
ad_hominem
Monothetic
Monothetic

Postby KILLA-COW on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:15 pm

I don't think Clive should talk at all in the mod tbh! And I think you should only see him right at the end! at which point
Highlight to read:
HE LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE HIS SHITTY CONCEPT ART! HAHA

I like the cookie factory idea, maybe you get on the bus outside the cookie factory or something?! I don't know!? Ideas welcome. Anyone got any other suggestions about other levels to add or levels to change etc?
KILLA-COW
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Major Banter on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:17 pm

Gentlemen.

We have all had issues with one another in the past.

And we all have many RL things to do, and our own individual modifications.

But I think that Interlopers must bond, and work as a team; OVER 9000 OF US.

The Cookie Mod must live. And prosper. And be epic.

Because this shit is just too insane to die.

Shall we? Or shall we not?

Because if we're going to do this, we will need a Dropbox. I am so in on this; assuming Killa stops being a complete and utter fucking cunt.
ImageImageImage
Major Banter
Veteran
Veteran

Postby KILLA-COW on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:25 pm

Major Banter wrote:Because if we're going to do this, we will need a Dropbox. I am so in on this; assuming Killa stops being a complete and utter fucking cunt.

Awful sorry there chap but where was I a complete and utter fucking cunt on this thread?! Let's not ruin this quite beautiful thread
KILLA-COW
Veteran
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Talk